Jan 17, 2012, 11:50 PM EDT
Celtics fans may not like this very much. Or, after the last five games they may like it a lot, come to think of it.
Would the Celtics really go this route? As I said, there is a big market out there for Ray Allen and a nice sized one for Kevin Garnett, but getting someone to take on $15 million next year for Paul Pierce is not going to net Celtics fans as much as they think before the trade deadline. That might be a move for this summer. If they go that route at all.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 23
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 26
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 21
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27