Jan 17, 2012, 1:27 PM EDT
We told you Andrea Bargnani is having a career year in Toronto (which, along with the Raptors improved defense, should have people using the words “Dwane Casey” and “coach of the year” in the same sentence). He’s actually defending as well as giving Toronto 22 points a game, and he’s doing it more efficiently than ever. He has a PER of 22.2, which is All-Star level.
But as the forward spot in the East is stacked with good players — LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Amar’e Stoudemire, Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Paul Pierce and more — it’s going to take more to put Bargnani over the top.
Like his own theme music. Every hero needs his own theme music. From the minds of The Basketball Jones. Brilliant.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15