Jan 17, 2012, 1:27 PM EST
We told you Andrea Bargnani is having a career year in Toronto (which, along with the Raptors improved defense, should have people using the words “Dwane Casey” and “coach of the year” in the same sentence). He’s actually defending as well as giving Toronto 22 points a game, and he’s doing it more efficiently than ever. He has a PER of 22.2, which is All-Star level.
But as the forward spot in the East is stacked with good players — LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Amar’e Stoudemire, Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Paul Pierce and more — it’s going to take more to put Bargnani over the top.
Like his own theme music. Every hero needs his own theme music. From the minds of The Basketball Jones. Brilliant.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 18
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 34
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (63)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)