Jan 17, 2012, 1:27 PM EDT
We told you Andrea Bargnani is having a career year in Toronto (which, along with the Raptors improved defense, should have people using the words “Dwane Casey” and “coach of the year” in the same sentence). He’s actually defending as well as giving Toronto 22 points a game, and he’s doing it more efficiently than ever. He has a PER of 22.2, which is All-Star level.
But as the forward spot in the East is stacked with good players — LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Amar’e Stoudemire, Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Paul Pierce and more — it’s going to take more to put Bargnani over the top.
Like his own theme music. Every hero needs his own theme music. From the minds of The Basketball Jones. Brilliant.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11