Jan 17, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
Welcome to our look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Portland’s 166 game sellout streak is in danger of coming to an end. Which speaks more to the condensed schedule and the economy than it does the Blazers, who are worth watching this year.
Sign of the times in L.A.: courtside ticket to the Lakers/Clippers Saturday were $3,000. For a Clippers game.
The Pistons plane had to make an emergency landing on Monday night, but nobody was injured. It was just a landing gear issue… yikes.
The good news Bulls fans is C.J. Watson is back.
Stephen Curry is disappointed he didn’t make the 20 man finalists roster for the U.S. Olympic team this summer. It begs the question if the team has enough outside shooting? It’s got it from bigs (Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Love and others) but can guards like Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade provide enough?
Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert now owns an Arena League football team as well.
Lakers coach Mike Brown talks about his time in Cleveland — and it’s positive.
Check out what the Utah Jazz are doing right — like always, it’s the little things.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 4
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 43
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record