Jan 17, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
Welcome to our look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Portland’s 166 game sellout streak is in danger of coming to an end. Which speaks more to the condensed schedule and the economy than it does the Blazers, who are worth watching this year.
Sign of the times in L.A.: courtside ticket to the Lakers/Clippers Saturday were $3,000. For a Clippers game.
The Pistons plane had to make an emergency landing on Monday night, but nobody was injured. It was just a landing gear issue… yikes.
The good news Bulls fans is C.J. Watson is back.
Stephen Curry is disappointed he didn’t make the 20 man finalists roster for the U.S. Olympic team this summer. It begs the question if the team has enough outside shooting? It’s got it from bigs (Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Love and others) but can guards like Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade provide enough?
Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert now owns an Arena League football team as well.
Lakers coach Mike Brown talks about his time in Cleveland — and it’s positive.
Check out what the Utah Jazz are doing right — like always, it’s the little things.
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 14
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 39
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 81
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48