Jan 17, 2012, 11:07 AM EST
Welcome to our look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Portland’s 166 game sellout streak is in danger of coming to an end. Which speaks more to the condensed schedule and the economy than it does the Blazers, who are worth watching this year.
Sign of the times in L.A.: courtside ticket to the Lakers/Clippers Saturday were $3,000. For a Clippers game.
The Pistons plane had to make an emergency landing on Monday night, but nobody was injured. It was just a landing gear issue… yikes.
The good news Bulls fans is C.J. Watson is back.
Stephen Curry is disappointed he didn’t make the 20 man finalists roster for the U.S. Olympic team this summer. It begs the question if the team has enough outside shooting? It’s got it from bigs (Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Love and others) but can guards like Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade provide enough?
Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert now owns an Arena League football team as well.
Lakers coach Mike Brown talks about his time in Cleveland — and it’s positive.
Check out what the Utah Jazz are doing right — like always, it’s the little things.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 0
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 3
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6