Jan 17, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
Welcome to our look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Portland’s 166 game sellout streak is in danger of coming to an end. Which speaks more to the condensed schedule and the economy than it does the Blazers, who are worth watching this year.
Sign of the times in L.A.: courtside ticket to the Lakers/Clippers Saturday were $3,000. For a Clippers game.
The Pistons plane had to make an emergency landing on Monday night, but nobody was injured. It was just a landing gear issue… yikes.
The good news Bulls fans is C.J. Watson is back.
Stephen Curry is disappointed he didn’t make the 20 man finalists roster for the U.S. Olympic team this summer. It begs the question if the team has enough outside shooting? It’s got it from bigs (Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Love and others) but can guards like Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade provide enough?
Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert now owns an Arena League football team as well.
Lakers coach Mike Brown talks about his time in Cleveland — and it’s positive.
Check out what the Utah Jazz are doing right — like always, it’s the little things.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25