Jan 17, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
Welcome to our look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Portland’s 166 game sellout streak is in danger of coming to an end. Which speaks more to the condensed schedule and the economy than it does the Blazers, who are worth watching this year.
Sign of the times in L.A.: courtside ticket to the Lakers/Clippers Saturday were $3,000. For a Clippers game.
The Pistons plane had to make an emergency landing on Monday night, but nobody was injured. It was just a landing gear issue… yikes.
The good news Bulls fans is C.J. Watson is back.
Stephen Curry is disappointed he didn’t make the 20 man finalists roster for the U.S. Olympic team this summer. It begs the question if the team has enough outside shooting? It’s got it from bigs (Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Love and others) but can guards like Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade provide enough?
Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert now owns an Arena League football team as well.
Lakers coach Mike Brown talks about his time in Cleveland — and it’s positive.
Check out what the Utah Jazz are doing right — like always, it’s the little things.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 12
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50