Jan 17, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
Don’t ask when Wade will be back.
10:43 am: Dwyane Wade sprained his ankle last Friday night in a game. He has not practiced since.
But don’t go asking coach Erik Spoelstra when his star guard will be back. Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel tried and got the run around.
“I’m not trying to be coy,” Spoelstra said. “We are going to reevaluate him every day. I don’t have another answer for you and that’s how we’re taking it. We’re going to be very judicious as we move forward, but we do not have a timetable to his return.”
The Heat play the Spurs Tuesday to kick off a five-game homestand following three losses on the road out West. Technically Wade is a game-time decision although nobody really expects him to suit up.
Wade missed three games with a bruised foot, only to return then have the rolled ankle soon after. Sounds like he could use a few games off to get his body right, but who knows?
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 10
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 18
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34