Jan 17, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
Don’t ask when Wade will be back.
10:43 am: Dwyane Wade sprained his ankle last Friday night in a game. He has not practiced since.
But don’t go asking coach Erik Spoelstra when his star guard will be back. Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel tried and got the run around.
“I’m not trying to be coy,” Spoelstra said. “We are going to reevaluate him every day. I don’t have another answer for you and that’s how we’re taking it. We’re going to be very judicious as we move forward, but we do not have a timetable to his return.”
The Heat play the Spurs Tuesday to kick off a five-game homestand following three losses on the road out West. Technically Wade is a game-time decision although nobody really expects him to suit up.
Wade missed three games with a bruised foot, only to return then have the rolled ankle soon after. Sounds like he could use a few games off to get his body right, but who knows?
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 0
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 4
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16