Jan 17, 2012, 11:36 AM EST
Don’t ask when Wade will be back.
10:43 am: Dwyane Wade sprained his ankle last Friday night in a game. He has not practiced since.
But don’t go asking coach Erik Spoelstra when his star guard will be back. Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel tried and got the run around.
“I’m not trying to be coy,” Spoelstra said. “We are going to reevaluate him every day. I don’t have another answer for you and that’s how we’re taking it. We’re going to be very judicious as we move forward, but we do not have a timetable to his return.”
The Heat play the Spurs Tuesday to kick off a five-game homestand following three losses on the road out West. Technically Wade is a game-time decision although nobody really expects him to suit up.
Wade missed three games with a bruised foot, only to return then have the rolled ankle soon after. Sounds like he could use a few games off to get his body right, but who knows?
- Trade rumor update: Nets may be Kyle Lowry frontrunners 0
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 13: Talking Asik, Gasol trades plus NBA Draft with Rob Dauster 0
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 26
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 6
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 2
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (66)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (53)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (45)