Jan 17, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
Don’t ask when Wade will be back.
10:43 am: Dwyane Wade sprained his ankle last Friday night in a game. He has not practiced since.
But don’t go asking coach Erik Spoelstra when his star guard will be back. Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel tried and got the run around.
“I’m not trying to be coy,” Spoelstra said. “We are going to reevaluate him every day. I don’t have another answer for you and that’s how we’re taking it. We’re going to be very judicious as we move forward, but we do not have a timetable to his return.”
The Heat play the Spurs Tuesday to kick off a five-game homestand following three losses on the road out West. Technically Wade is a game-time decision although nobody really expects him to suit up.
Wade missed three games with a bruised foot, only to return then have the rolled ankle soon after. Sounds like he could use a few games off to get his body right, but who knows?
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 0
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43