Jan 17, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
Don’t ask when Wade will be back.
10:43 am: Dwyane Wade sprained his ankle last Friday night in a game. He has not practiced since.
But don’t go asking coach Erik Spoelstra when his star guard will be back. Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel tried and got the run around.
“I’m not trying to be coy,” Spoelstra said. “We are going to reevaluate him every day. I don’t have another answer for you and that’s how we’re taking it. We’re going to be very judicious as we move forward, but we do not have a timetable to his return.”
The Heat play the Spurs Tuesday to kick off a five-game homestand following three losses on the road out West. Technically Wade is a game-time decision although nobody really expects him to suit up.
Wade missed three games with a bruised foot, only to return then have the rolled ankle soon after. Sounds like he could use a few games off to get his body right, but who knows?
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 3
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15