Jan 17, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
But that wasn’t the best part. At least not for Wade (although I’m sure he’ll tell you just having his friends there meant the most… right).
He was given a 2012 McLaren reports TMZ, a car from the “if you have to ask you can’t afford it” category. But think in excess of $200,000, with only a few hundred here in the United States. (Via Eye on Basketball)
The car is a brand new 2012 McLaren MP4-12C — given to him for FREE by the owner of a local luxury car dealership. Wade is the brand ambassador for that particular dealership.
The guy wanted the presentation of the car to be super-fancy — with the McLaren waiting for Wade on a platform in the middle of the hotel pool. Problem is, you can’t just drive that thing inside the hotel. Instead, the car was loaded up onto a crane in the alley next to the pool area … hoisted above the hotel wall … and carefully lowered onto the waiting platform, positioned inside the pool.
So yes, just like your 30th birthday party. If you want to see photos of how they pulled this off, check it out here.
Somehow I doubt his sprained ankle and foot is going to slow him down in that thing.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 20
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9