Jan 17, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
But that wasn’t the best part. At least not for Wade (although I’m sure he’ll tell you just having his friends there meant the most… right).
He was given a 2012 McLaren reports TMZ, a car from the “if you have to ask you can’t afford it” category. But think in excess of $200,000, with only a few hundred here in the United States. (Via Eye on Basketball)
The car is a brand new 2012 McLaren MP4-12C — given to him for FREE by the owner of a local luxury car dealership. Wade is the brand ambassador for that particular dealership.
The guy wanted the presentation of the car to be super-fancy — with the McLaren waiting for Wade on a platform in the middle of the hotel pool. Problem is, you can’t just drive that thing inside the hotel. Instead, the car was loaded up onto a crane in the alley next to the pool area … hoisted above the hotel wall … and carefully lowered onto the waiting platform, positioned inside the pool.
So yes, just like your 30th birthday party. If you want to see photos of how they pulled this off, check it out here.
Somehow I doubt his sprained ankle and foot is going to slow him down in that thing.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3