Jan 17, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
But that wasn’t the best part. At least not for Wade (although I’m sure he’ll tell you just having his friends there meant the most… right).
He was given a 2012 McLaren reports TMZ, a car from the “if you have to ask you can’t afford it” category. But think in excess of $200,000, with only a few hundred here in the United States. (Via Eye on Basketball)
The car is a brand new 2012 McLaren MP4-12C — given to him for FREE by the owner of a local luxury car dealership. Wade is the brand ambassador for that particular dealership.
The guy wanted the presentation of the car to be super-fancy — with the McLaren waiting for Wade on a platform in the middle of the hotel pool. Problem is, you can’t just drive that thing inside the hotel. Instead, the car was loaded up onto a crane in the alley next to the pool area … hoisted above the hotel wall … and carefully lowered onto the waiting platform, positioned inside the pool.
So yes, just like your 30th birthday party. If you want to see photos of how they pulled this off, check it out here.
Somehow I doubt his sprained ankle and foot is going to slow him down in that thing.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 2
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7