Jan 17, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
But that wasn’t the best part. At least not for Wade (although I’m sure he’ll tell you just having his friends there meant the most… right).
He was given a 2012 McLaren reports TMZ, a car from the “if you have to ask you can’t afford it” category. But think in excess of $200,000, with only a few hundred here in the United States. (Via Eye on Basketball)
The car is a brand new 2012 McLaren MP4-12C — given to him for FREE by the owner of a local luxury car dealership. Wade is the brand ambassador for that particular dealership.
The guy wanted the presentation of the car to be super-fancy — with the McLaren waiting for Wade on a platform in the middle of the hotel pool. Problem is, you can’t just drive that thing inside the hotel. Instead, the car was loaded up onto a crane in the alley next to the pool area … hoisted above the hotel wall … and carefully lowered onto the waiting platform, positioned inside the pool.
So yes, just like your 30th birthday party. If you want to see photos of how they pulled this off, check it out here.
Somehow I doubt his sprained ankle and foot is going to slow him down in that thing.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 2
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 23
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29