Jan 16, 2012, 5:18 PM EDT
Make no mistake, the Wizards are terrible, but they still have a couple guys who can make the losing entertaining (at least for a while).
One is the guy who should have won the dunk contest last year, JaVale McGee, who had the monster slam you can see above. The ally-oop to himself. Which did not go over well with coach Flip Saunders, who benched McGee a couple minutes later and for most of the rest of the game.
John Wall also put on a little show with 38 points. Didn’t matter because the Rockets understand concepts of team execution lost on the Wizards and Houston won handily — but whose highlights are we showing? Isn’t that what really matters? No… I guess not.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50