Jan 16, 2012, 5:18 PM EDT
Make no mistake, the Wizards are terrible, but they still have a couple guys who can make the losing entertaining (at least for a while).
One is the guy who should have won the dunk contest last year, JaVale McGee, who had the monster slam you can see above. The ally-oop to himself. Which did not go over well with coach Flip Saunders, who benched McGee a couple minutes later and for most of the rest of the game.
John Wall also put on a little show with 38 points. Didn’t matter because the Rockets understand concepts of team execution lost on the Wizards and Houston won handily — but whose highlights are we showing? Isn’t that what really matters? No… I guess not.
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 0
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 1
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 9
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 17
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 48
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 23
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 110