Jan 16, 2012, 5:18 PM EDT
Make no mistake, the Wizards are terrible, but they still have a couple guys who can make the losing entertaining (at least for a while).
One is the guy who should have won the dunk contest last year, JaVale McGee, who had the monster slam you can see above. The ally-oop to himself. Which did not go over well with coach Flip Saunders, who benched McGee a couple minutes later and for most of the rest of the game.
John Wall also put on a little show with 38 points. Didn’t matter because the Rockets understand concepts of team execution lost on the Wizards and Houston won handily — but whose highlights are we showing? Isn’t that what really matters? No… I guess not.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 0
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 6
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 13
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 29
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 4