Jan 16, 2012, 5:18 PM EST
Make no mistake, the Wizards are terrible, but they still have a couple guys who can make the losing entertaining (at least for a while).
One is the guy who should have won the dunk contest last year, JaVale McGee, who had the monster slam you can see above. The ally-oop to himself. Which did not go over well with coach Flip Saunders, who benched McGee a couple minutes later and for most of the rest of the game.
John Wall also put on a little show with 38 points. Didn’t matter because the Rockets understand concepts of team execution lost on the Wizards and Houston won handily — but whose highlights are we showing? Isn’t that what really matters? No… I guess not.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1