Jan 16, 2012, 8:06 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant is the guy with the rep as the toughest dog in the junkyard. Deservedly so.
Which led to this interesting comment he made after the Clippers knocked off the Lakers Saturday night, via ESPNLosAngeles.com.
“The game just gets easier with Chris Paul,” Bryant said before comparing himself to Paul. “He’s a dog. He’s going to fight to win, and not too many teams can deal with him.
“Chris Paul is really the only other guy in the league, other than Derrick Rose, who also has that competitive edge.”
Go ahead and insert your own LeBron James joke here, I’m not doing it for you.
Far be it from me to question Kobe, but I think there are other guys on that list — Dwyane Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, Manu Ginobili, plus Kevin Garnett and Tim Ducan (even if their bodies don’t let them play like it every night anymore). Kevin Durant should be on that list, too. Oh, and LeBron will be on that list soon, too.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 1
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 3
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16