Jan 16, 2012, 8:06 AM EST
Kobe Bryant is the guy with the rep as the toughest dog in the junkyard. Deservedly so.
Which led to this interesting comment he made after the Clippers knocked off the Lakers Saturday night, via ESPNLosAngeles.com.
“The game just gets easier with Chris Paul,” Bryant said before comparing himself to Paul. “He’s a dog. He’s going to fight to win, and not too many teams can deal with him.
“Chris Paul is really the only other guy in the league, other than Derrick Rose, who also has that competitive edge.”
Go ahead and insert your own LeBron James joke here, I’m not doing it for you.
Far be it from me to question Kobe, but I think there are other guys on that list — Dwyane Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, Manu Ginobili, plus Kevin Garnett and Tim Ducan (even if their bodies don’t let them play like it every night anymore). Kevin Durant should be on that list, too. Oh, and LeBron will be on that list soon, too.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 10
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14