Jan 16, 2012, 8:06 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant is the guy with the rep as the toughest dog in the junkyard. Deservedly so.
Which led to this interesting comment he made after the Clippers knocked off the Lakers Saturday night, via ESPNLosAngeles.com.
“The game just gets easier with Chris Paul,” Bryant said before comparing himself to Paul. “He’s a dog. He’s going to fight to win, and not too many teams can deal with him.
“Chris Paul is really the only other guy in the league, other than Derrick Rose, who also has that competitive edge.”
Go ahead and insert your own LeBron James joke here, I’m not doing it for you.
Far be it from me to question Kobe, but I think there are other guys on that list — Dwyane Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, Manu Ginobili, plus Kevin Garnett and Tim Ducan (even if their bodies don’t let them play like it every night anymore). Kevin Durant should be on that list, too. Oh, and LeBron will be on that list soon, too.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 18
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10