Jan 16, 2012, 8:06 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant is the guy with the rep as the toughest dog in the junkyard. Deservedly so.
Which led to this interesting comment he made after the Clippers knocked off the Lakers Saturday night, via ESPNLosAngeles.com.
“The game just gets easier with Chris Paul,” Bryant said before comparing himself to Paul. “He’s a dog. He’s going to fight to win, and not too many teams can deal with him.
“Chris Paul is really the only other guy in the league, other than Derrick Rose, who also has that competitive edge.”
Go ahead and insert your own LeBron James joke here, I’m not doing it for you.
Far be it from me to question Kobe, but I think there are other guys on that list — Dwyane Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, Manu Ginobili, plus Kevin Garnett and Tim Ducan (even if their bodies don’t let them play like it every night anymore). Kevin Durant should be on that list, too. Oh, and LeBron will be on that list soon, too.
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 1
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 84
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9