Jan 16, 2012, 8:06 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant is the guy with the rep as the toughest dog in the junkyard. Deservedly so.
Which led to this interesting comment he made after the Clippers knocked off the Lakers Saturday night, via ESPNLosAngeles.com.
“The game just gets easier with Chris Paul,” Bryant said before comparing himself to Paul. “He’s a dog. He’s going to fight to win, and not too many teams can deal with him.
“Chris Paul is really the only other guy in the league, other than Derrick Rose, who also has that competitive edge.”
Go ahead and insert your own LeBron James joke here, I’m not doing it for you.
Far be it from me to question Kobe, but I think there are other guys on that list — Dwyane Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, Manu Ginobili, plus Kevin Garnett and Tim Ducan (even if their bodies don’t let them play like it every night anymore). Kevin Durant should be on that list, too. Oh, and LeBron will be on that list soon, too.
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 0
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1