Jan 16, 2012, 4:34 PM EDT
Our fans have been Awesome. Buy a ticket to the Kings game and I’ll buy your seat for Detroit. Call Now!!! 612.673.1640.
It’s not a joke, the offer is real.
The Kings game is Monday, the Pistons game is Tuesday. Traditionally those two games in the middle of the week are not exactly draws in Minny. Now a few more people will show up and take Love up on the offer. Smart.
Thing is, people should be buying tickets to see the Timberwolves — they are fun. Love is an elite power forward, Ricky Rubio has incredible court vision and guys like rookie Derrick Williams can finish around the rim. They aren’t winning a lot yet because that is a process, but they are playing better than their 4-8 record and they are entertaining. Which is a great place to start (last year we were saying the Clippers were entertaining but hadn’t figured out how to win yet).
That kind of community outreach is a reminder of why the Wolves want to get an extension done with Love of his rookie deal before the Jan. 25 deadline. (The sides are talking.)
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 18
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 66
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8