Jan 16, 2012, 4:34 PM EDT
Our fans have been Awesome. Buy a ticket to the Kings game and I’ll buy your seat for Detroit. Call Now!!! 612.673.1640.
It’s not a joke, the offer is real.
The Kings game is Monday, the Pistons game is Tuesday. Traditionally those two games in the middle of the week are not exactly draws in Minny. Now a few more people will show up and take Love up on the offer. Smart.
Thing is, people should be buying tickets to see the Timberwolves — they are fun. Love is an elite power forward, Ricky Rubio has incredible court vision and guys like rookie Derrick Williams can finish around the rim. They aren’t winning a lot yet because that is a process, but they are playing better than their 4-8 record and they are entertaining. Which is a great place to start (last year we were saying the Clippers were entertaining but hadn’t figured out how to win yet).
That kind of community outreach is a reminder of why the Wolves want to get an extension done with Love of his rookie deal before the Jan. 25 deadline. (The sides are talking.)
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 0
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 27
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 46
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- LIVE: Stanley Cup Final Game 4 pregame show
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record