Jan 16, 2012, 1:21 PM EDT
Just a quick injury update on a couple NBA stars for your Monday:
“Almost every game, I jam it. By the way that I play and push off, it hurts.”
Rip Hamilton is also out for the Bulls, who have won five straight heading into this game. C.J. Watson was also injured and may play limited minutes, but it is John Lucas III getting the start at the point for Chicago.
• Chris Paul is out for the Clippers, who host the Nets Monday afternoon. He pulled his hamstring near the end of the game against the Lakers and that is the kind of thing that can linger if not allowed to heal. Mo Williams also is out for the Clippers, as is Eric Bledsoe, which means Chauncey Billups running the point. Not a bad fallback there.
• Carmelo Anthony is playing for the New York Knicks.
He rolled his ankle late in the last game, but it has healed enough that he is a go against the Orlando Magic. He leads the Knicks in scoring at 26.7 points per game, plus he is the team’s primary ball handler (with mixed results).
• Andrew Bogut will return to the Bucks starting lineup today. He had been out dealing with a family issue.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 43
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4