Jan 16, 2012, 1:21 PM EST
Just a quick injury update on a couple NBA stars for your Monday:
“Almost every game, I jam it. By the way that I play and push off, it hurts.”
Rip Hamilton is also out for the Bulls, who have won five straight heading into this game. C.J. Watson was also injured and may play limited minutes, but it is John Lucas III getting the start at the point for Chicago.
• Chris Paul is out for the Clippers, who host the Nets Monday afternoon. He pulled his hamstring near the end of the game against the Lakers and that is the kind of thing that can linger if not allowed to heal. Mo Williams also is out for the Clippers, as is Eric Bledsoe, which means Chauncey Billups running the point. Not a bad fallback there.
• Carmelo Anthony is playing for the New York Knicks.
He rolled his ankle late in the last game, but it has healed enough that he is a go against the Orlando Magic. He leads the Knicks in scoring at 26.7 points per game, plus he is the team’s primary ball handler (with mixed results).
• Andrew Bogut will return to the Bucks starting lineup today. He had been out dealing with a family issue.
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 12
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14