Jan 16, 2012, 1:21 PM EDT
Just a quick injury update on a couple NBA stars for your Monday:
“Almost every game, I jam it. By the way that I play and push off, it hurts.”
Rip Hamilton is also out for the Bulls, who have won five straight heading into this game. C.J. Watson was also injured and may play limited minutes, but it is John Lucas III getting the start at the point for Chicago.
• Chris Paul is out for the Clippers, who host the Nets Monday afternoon. He pulled his hamstring near the end of the game against the Lakers and that is the kind of thing that can linger if not allowed to heal. Mo Williams also is out for the Clippers, as is Eric Bledsoe, which means Chauncey Billups running the point. Not a bad fallback there.
• Carmelo Anthony is playing for the New York Knicks.
He rolled his ankle late in the last game, but it has healed enough that he is a go against the Orlando Magic. He leads the Knicks in scoring at 26.7 points per game, plus he is the team’s primary ball handler (with mixed results).
• Andrew Bogut will return to the Bucks starting lineup today. He had been out dealing with a family issue.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36