Jan 16, 2012, 1:21 PM EST
Just a quick injury update on a couple NBA stars for your Monday:
“Almost every game, I jam it. By the way that I play and push off, it hurts.”
Rip Hamilton is also out for the Bulls, who have won five straight heading into this game. C.J. Watson was also injured and may play limited minutes, but it is John Lucas III getting the start at the point for Chicago.
• Chris Paul is out for the Clippers, who host the Nets Monday afternoon. He pulled his hamstring near the end of the game against the Lakers and that is the kind of thing that can linger if not allowed to heal. Mo Williams also is out for the Clippers, as is Eric Bledsoe, which means Chauncey Billups running the point. Not a bad fallback there.
• Carmelo Anthony is playing for the New York Knicks.
He rolled his ankle late in the last game, but it has healed enough that he is a go against the Orlando Magic. He leads the Knicks in scoring at 26.7 points per game, plus he is the team’s primary ball handler (with mixed results).
• Andrew Bogut will return to the Bucks starting lineup today. He had been out dealing with a family issue.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)