Jan 16, 2012, 1:21 PM EST
Just a quick injury update on a couple NBA stars for your Monday:
“Almost every game, I jam it. By the way that I play and push off, it hurts.”
Rip Hamilton is also out for the Bulls, who have won five straight heading into this game. C.J. Watson was also injured and may play limited minutes, but it is John Lucas III getting the start at the point for Chicago.
• Chris Paul is out for the Clippers, who host the Nets Monday afternoon. He pulled his hamstring near the end of the game against the Lakers and that is the kind of thing that can linger if not allowed to heal. Mo Williams also is out for the Clippers, as is Eric Bledsoe, which means Chauncey Billups running the point. Not a bad fallback there.
• Carmelo Anthony is playing for the New York Knicks.
He rolled his ankle late in the last game, but it has healed enough that he is a go against the Orlando Magic. He leads the Knicks in scoring at 26.7 points per game, plus he is the team’s primary ball handler (with mixed results).
• Andrew Bogut will return to the Bucks starting lineup today. He had been out dealing with a family issue.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 4
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41