Jan 16, 2012, 1:41 AM EDT
What you missed while thanking you deity of choice that we don’t have to see any more “discount double take” commercials the next three weeks. Please tell me we don’t…..
Spurs 102, Suns 91: Even without Manu Ginobili, the Spurs have more depth than the Suns, and that came through in this game. Tim Duncan looked like his old self and was the best player on the floor (24 points on 14 shots plus 11 boards). He’s done that a lot lately. The Suns got a great game from Steve Nash as you expect (20 points, 10 dimes) and he fed Marcin Gortat who took those passes on his way to 24 points and 15 assists. The Suns cut it close with five minutes to go but the Spurs executed down the stretch (and the Suns defense still needs a lot of work).
Jazz 106, Nuggets 96: The Nuggets tend to go small, it didn’t work this time (Andre Miller didn’t help his trade stock Sunday) and with Al Harrington in the fourth quarter as their big they could not stop Paul Millsap who had 16 in the quarter. Good game for Gordon Hayward as well, he had 19.
Warriors 99, Pistons 91: The Warriors came from behind to take the lead third quarter (when they shot 63 percent) then went on a 10-0 run at the start of the fourth to earn their first road win of the season. David Lee had 24 points on only 12 shots and seemed in charge every time he was on the court — especially in the first quarter when he had 13 points. Monta Ellis had 22 points and seemed to be find from a banged knee in the first half.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4