Jan 16, 2012, 1:41 AM EDT
What you missed while thanking you deity of choice that we don’t have to see any more “discount double take” commercials the next three weeks. Please tell me we don’t…..
Spurs 102, Suns 91: Even without Manu Ginobili, the Spurs have more depth than the Suns, and that came through in this game. Tim Duncan looked like his old self and was the best player on the floor (24 points on 14 shots plus 11 boards). He’s done that a lot lately. The Suns got a great game from Steve Nash as you expect (20 points, 10 dimes) and he fed Marcin Gortat who took those passes on his way to 24 points and 15 assists. The Suns cut it close with five minutes to go but the Spurs executed down the stretch (and the Suns defense still needs a lot of work).
Jazz 106, Nuggets 96: The Nuggets tend to go small, it didn’t work this time (Andre Miller didn’t help his trade stock Sunday) and with Al Harrington in the fourth quarter as their big they could not stop Paul Millsap who had 16 in the quarter. Good game for Gordon Hayward as well, he had 19.
Warriors 99, Pistons 91: The Warriors came from behind to take the lead third quarter (when they shot 63 percent) then went on a 10-0 run at the start of the fourth to earn their first road win of the season. David Lee had 24 points on only 12 shots and seemed in charge every time he was on the court — especially in the first quarter when he had 13 points. Monta Ellis had 22 points and seemed to be find from a banged knee in the first half.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 27
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16