Jan 14, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
While we showed you the teaser clip for the KobeSystem a couple of weeks ago, the ad campaign for Kobe Bryant‘s latest basketball shoe — the Nike Zoom Kobe VII — has now officially launched. It’s star-studded, and continues with the theme of Bryant as motivational speaker somehow convincing everyone that by adapting his system (i.e., wearing his shoes), they can reach even greater levels of personal success.
In case silliness in shoe-selling isn’t your thing, head on over to Nike Basketball’s YouTube channel and check out the shoe science clips. Those feature a more serious Kobe explaining how the system helps him in specific basketball situations.
[via Nike, Inc.]
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 2
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8