Jan 14, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Trail Blazers center Marcus Camby said he is in “a lot of pain” and unable to put weight on his left ankle after it rolled during the second quarter Friday night in San Antonio.
Camby said he will not play Saturday in Houston and is doubtful for Monday’s game in New Orleans after X-rays revealed the injury is a sprain.
It wouldn’t be a Blazers season without a big man going down with an injury. Still, an ankle sprain is a gentle scrape compared with their usual issues on that front. Batum will start in Camby’s stead as the Blazers shift to their smaller lineup with Aldridge at the five and Gerald Wallace at the 4. So more athleticism, more defensive issues.
Meanwhile, the chest injury the Lakers announced for Steve Blake was given an official timeline, as he’ll miss 3-4 weeks. The Lakers are already thin, so losing a reliable shooter like Blake is damaging. He’s paced the offense and provided a veteran hand who can actually score at the point guard spot.
L.A. will most miss Blake against the Clippers this week where he would counter Mo Williams as a bench point guard shooter. Weird rash of chest injuries in the league this year.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 0
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 0
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 35
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 23
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 15
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay