Jan 14, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
The Heat were blown out Friday night by a superior Nuggets team. They were outgunned, outran, out-hustled, outsmarted, and oh, yeah, out-clutched by a Denver team firing on all cylinders.
And that wasn’t even the worst news of the night.
Dwyane Wade suffered a severe ankle sprain in the second half and did not return. He’s listed as day-to-day but will need more evaluation when the Heat return to Miami. Wade confirmed after the game that the ankle was not broken and that X-Rays were negative. However, Wade also said it’s the worst sprain of his career.
That’s not good for anyone.
The injury occurred when Wade and Al Harrington scrambled for a loose ball. The injury is in addition to a sore foot Wade has been dealing with, and Lebron James said Friday night that Wade also had a calf strain this week. That’s three leg and foot injuries for Wade inside of a week. For a player that has dealt with injury issues his entire career and with a brutal schedule, that’s about as bad as it comes. The Heat play San Antonio and the Lakers this week and are coming off a three-game losing streak.
So, no, things are not great in Heat land right now.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 4
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7