Jan 14, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
The Heat were blown out Friday night by a superior Nuggets team. They were outgunned, outran, out-hustled, outsmarted, and oh, yeah, out-clutched by a Denver team firing on all cylinders.
And that wasn’t even the worst news of the night.
Dwyane Wade suffered a severe ankle sprain in the second half and did not return. He’s listed as day-to-day but will need more evaluation when the Heat return to Miami. Wade confirmed after the game that the ankle was not broken and that X-Rays were negative. However, Wade also said it’s the worst sprain of his career.
That’s not good for anyone.
The injury occurred when Wade and Al Harrington scrambled for a loose ball. The injury is in addition to a sore foot Wade has been dealing with, and Lebron James said Friday night that Wade also had a calf strain this week. That’s three leg and foot injuries for Wade inside of a week. For a player that has dealt with injury issues his entire career and with a brutal schedule, that’s about as bad as it comes. The Heat play San Antonio and the Lakers this week and are coming off a three-game losing streak.
So, no, things are not great in Heat land right now.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4