Jan 14, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
The Heat were blown out Friday night by a superior Nuggets team. They were outgunned, outran, out-hustled, outsmarted, and oh, yeah, out-clutched by a Denver team firing on all cylinders.
And that wasn’t even the worst news of the night.
Dwyane Wade suffered a severe ankle sprain in the second half and did not return. He’s listed as day-to-day but will need more evaluation when the Heat return to Miami. Wade confirmed after the game that the ankle was not broken and that X-Rays were negative. However, Wade also said it’s the worst sprain of his career.
That’s not good for anyone.
The injury occurred when Wade and Al Harrington scrambled for a loose ball. The injury is in addition to a sore foot Wade has been dealing with, and Lebron James said Friday night that Wade also had a calf strain this week. That’s three leg and foot injuries for Wade inside of a week. For a player that has dealt with injury issues his entire career and with a brutal schedule, that’s about as bad as it comes. The Heat play San Antonio and the Lakers this week and are coming off a three-game losing streak.
So, no, things are not great in Heat land right now.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 8
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 12
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 16