Jan 13, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Orlando Magic CEO Alex Martins was on Sports Biz with Darren Rovell and made his case for why Dwight Howard should stay in Orlando.
The logic is a bit circular — he says they are a winning organization the last four years so Howard should stay, although Howard is the only reason they won those four years. He also talks about the Amway Center, the All-Star Game (coming this February) and the development around the arena as well as the business of basketball.
This is the Magic spin — I think they are still going to trade him after the All-Star game — but it is certainly worth listening to. Really good interview.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36