Jan 13, 2012, 9:30 PM EST
Orlando Magic CEO Alex Martins was on Sports Biz with Darren Rovell and made his case for why Dwight Howard should stay in Orlando.
The logic is a bit circular — he says they are a winning organization the last four years so Howard should stay, although Howard is the only reason they won those four years. He also talks about the Amway Center, the All-Star Game (coming this February) and the development around the arena as well as the business of basketball.
This is the Magic spin — I think they are still going to trade him after the All-Star game — but it is certainly worth listening to. Really good interview.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16