Jan 13, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
Orlando Magic CEO Alex Martins was on Sports Biz with Darren Rovell and made his case for why Dwight Howard should stay in Orlando.
The logic is a bit circular — he says they are a winning organization the last four years so Howard should stay, although Howard is the only reason they won those four years. He also talks about the Amway Center, the All-Star Game (coming this February) and the development around the arena as well as the business of basketball.
This is the Magic spin — I think they are still going to trade him after the All-Star game — but it is certainly worth listening to. Really good interview.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 27
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16