Jan 13, 2012, 9:30 PM EST
Orlando Magic CEO Alex Martins was on Sports Biz with Darren Rovell and made his case for why Dwight Howard should stay in Orlando.
The logic is a bit circular — he says they are a winning organization the last four years so Howard should stay, although Howard is the only reason they won those four years. He also talks about the Amway Center, the All-Star Game (coming this February) and the development around the arena as well as the business of basketball.
This is the Magic spin — I think they are still going to trade him after the All-Star game — but it is certainly worth listening to. Really good interview.
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 0
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 30
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 8