Jan 13, 2012, 9:30 PM EST
Orlando Magic CEO Alex Martins was on Sports Biz with Darren Rovell and made his case for why Dwight Howard should stay in Orlando.
The logic is a bit circular — he says they are a winning organization the last four years so Howard should stay, although Howard is the only reason they won those four years. He also talks about the Amway Center, the All-Star Game (coming this February) and the development around the arena as well as the business of basketball.
This is the Magic spin — I think they are still going to trade him after the All-Star game — but it is certainly worth listening to. Really good interview.
- Where I call out Dan Patrick, Charles Barkley for sounding like old men asking, “When did basketball get so bad?” 0
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 9
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 10
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 5
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)