Jan 13, 2012, 10:53 PM EDT
Ish Smith, who had played well in limited minutes for Golden State this season, has been let go, reports the Contra Costa Times. He had not played much has a PER of 17.6 (above the league average).
He is out and in his place comes Earl Barron, who for five years has bounced around the NBA but not been able to stick on a roster.
The difference between the two? One foot. Smith is 6’0” and Barron is 7’0”. The Warriors need size and that is the entire motivation here.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6