Jan 13, 2012, 10:53 PM EST
Ish Smith, who had played well in limited minutes for Golden State this season, has been let go, reports the Contra Costa Times. He had not played much has a PER of 17.6 (above the league average).
He is out and in his place comes Earl Barron, who for five years has bounced around the NBA but not been able to stick on a roster.
The difference between the two? One foot. Smith is 6’0” and Barron is 7’0”. The Warriors need size and that is the entire motivation here.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5