Jan 13, 2012, 10:53 PM EST
Ish Smith, who had played well in limited minutes for Golden State this season, has been let go, reports the Contra Costa Times. He had not played much has a PER of 17.6 (above the league average).
He is out and in his place comes Earl Barron, who for five years has bounced around the NBA but not been able to stick on a roster.
The difference between the two? One foot. Smith is 6’0” and Barron is 7’0”. The Warriors need size and that is the entire motivation here.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 0
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 14
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 28
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 19
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3