Jan 13, 2012, 10:53 PM EDT
Ish Smith, who had played well in limited minutes for Golden State this season, has been let go, reports the Contra Costa Times. He had not played much has a PER of 17.6 (above the league average).
He is out and in his place comes Earl Barron, who for five years has bounced around the NBA but not been able to stick on a roster.
The difference between the two? One foot. Smith is 6’0” and Barron is 7’0”. The Warriors need size and that is the entire motivation here.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 7
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 40
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 17
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 13
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 52