Jan 13, 2012, 10:53 PM EDT
Ish Smith, who had played well in limited minutes for Golden State this season, has been let go, reports the Contra Costa Times. He had not played much has a PER of 17.6 (above the league average).
He is out and in his place comes Earl Barron, who for five years has bounced around the NBA but not been able to stick on a roster.
The difference between the two? One foot. Smith is 6’0” and Barron is 7’0”. The Warriors need size and that is the entire motivation here.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 10
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15