Jan 13, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Is there even such a thing as a “clutch player?” Our own Rob Mahoney argues no, there isn’t. So get off LeBron’s back.
Danny Ainge says it is fair to say the Celtics look old so far. Well, at least he is being fair.
Warriors coach Mark Jackson defends his “hack-a-Howard” plan saying his team had no choice. (The NBA does need to change this intentional foul rule so its shots and the ball out of bounds.)
Facinating look at young players who have not taken a step forward, who have not developed this season
Danilo Galinari and the Nuggets are talking contract extension.
Denver also wants to re-sign Wilson Chandler after the Chinese Basketball Association season ends.
Detroit Piston attendance is off 30 percent this season. Welcome to NBA ownership, Tom Gores!
Somebody still believes in the Atlanta Hawks. Isn’t that nice?
If you haven’t noticed, Jon Leuer scored is playing well for the Bucks. The Wisconsin rookie had 15 points on 6-of-9 shooting with six rebounds, five assists, and two steals Thursday when the Bucks beat the Pistons.
Memphis’ Hamed Haddadi is out ‘indefinitely’ for personal reasons and will be out until a report emerges that he will play.
Acie Law has signed to play for Olympiacos in Greece.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 5
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48