Jan 13, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Is there even such a thing as a “clutch player?” Our own Rob Mahoney argues no, there isn’t. So get off LeBron’s back.
Danny Ainge says it is fair to say the Celtics look old so far. Well, at least he is being fair.
Warriors coach Mark Jackson defends his “hack-a-Howard” plan saying his team had no choice. (The NBA does need to change this intentional foul rule so its shots and the ball out of bounds.)
Facinating look at young players who have not taken a step forward, who have not developed this season
Danilo Galinari and the Nuggets are talking contract extension.
Denver also wants to re-sign Wilson Chandler after the Chinese Basketball Association season ends.
Detroit Piston attendance is off 30 percent this season. Welcome to NBA ownership, Tom Gores!
Somebody still believes in the Atlanta Hawks. Isn’t that nice?
If you haven’t noticed, Jon Leuer scored is playing well for the Bucks. The Wisconsin rookie had 15 points on 6-of-9 shooting with six rebounds, five assists, and two steals Thursday when the Bucks beat the Pistons.
Memphis’ Hamed Haddadi is out ‘indefinitely’ for personal reasons and will be out until a report emerges that he will play.
Acie Law has signed to play for Olympiacos in Greece.
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 3
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 11
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 12
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 9