Jan 13, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
Rose injured the toe on Tuesday against Minnesota and sat out Wednesday against the lowly Washington Wizards (his replacement John Lucas III dropped 25). Friday against the Celtics was always another matter. You knew he would go.
If the toe really is still bothersome the Bulls would be wise to sit Rose and let it heal, you don’t want your star player to be fighting through a lingering injury. In a condensed schedule, bumps and bruises don’t get a chance to heal,
But Rose is a competitor and the Celtics are a measuring stick. You kind of knew he would play. So we’ll see how the Bulls — and the Celtics — measure up.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 2
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 17
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7