Jan 13, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
Rose injured the toe on Tuesday against Minnesota and sat out Wednesday against the lowly Washington Wizards (his replacement John Lucas III dropped 25). Friday against the Celtics was always another matter. You knew he would go.
If the toe really is still bothersome the Bulls would be wise to sit Rose and let it heal, you don’t want your star player to be fighting through a lingering injury. In a condensed schedule, bumps and bruises don’t get a chance to heal,
But Rose is a competitor and the Celtics are a measuring stick. You kind of knew he would play. So we’ll see how the Bulls — and the Celtics — measure up.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15