Jan 13, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
Rose injured the toe on Tuesday against Minnesota and sat out Wednesday against the lowly Washington Wizards (his replacement John Lucas III dropped 25). Friday against the Celtics was always another matter. You knew he would go.
If the toe really is still bothersome the Bulls would be wise to sit Rose and let it heal, you don’t want your star player to be fighting through a lingering injury. In a condensed schedule, bumps and bruises don’t get a chance to heal,
But Rose is a competitor and the Celtics are a measuring stick. You kind of knew he would play. So we’ll see how the Bulls — and the Celtics — measure up.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 8
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31