Jan 13, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
Rose injured the toe on Tuesday against Minnesota and sat out Wednesday against the lowly Washington Wizards (his replacement John Lucas III dropped 25). Friday against the Celtics was always another matter. You knew he would go.
If the toe really is still bothersome the Bulls would be wise to sit Rose and let it heal, you don’t want your star player to be fighting through a lingering injury. In a condensed schedule, bumps and bruises don’t get a chance to heal,
But Rose is a competitor and the Celtics are a measuring stick. You kind of knew he would play. So we’ll see how the Bulls — and the Celtics — measure up.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 7
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 5
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 28
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2