Jan 13, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
Rose injured the toe on Tuesday against Minnesota and sat out Wednesday against the lowly Washington Wizards (his replacement John Lucas III dropped 25). Friday against the Celtics was always another matter. You knew he would go.
If the toe really is still bothersome the Bulls would be wise to sit Rose and let it heal, you don’t want your star player to be fighting through a lingering injury. In a condensed schedule, bumps and bruises don’t get a chance to heal,
But Rose is a competitor and the Celtics are a measuring stick. You kind of knew he would play. So we’ll see how the Bulls — and the Celtics — measure up.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 0
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 3
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 12
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (48)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (37)