Jan 13, 2012, 4:37 PM EDT
One of the biggest shows of the year is coming to Oklahoma City Saturday night — Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Anthony did not practice with the Knicks on Friday and is doubtful for the game, tweets Howard Beck of the New York Times.
This should be a high-scoring affair — two strong offenses and two teams struggling to find their way on defense — but the Knicks will be without their biggest gun in Anthony, who does much of the ball handling and averages 26.7 points per game. Bill Walker is expected to get the start in his place.
The Knicks are going to need a whole lot of Amare Stoudemire and some newfound defense to make this work.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 25
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18