Jan 12, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
“So there at the end, Jet [Jason Terry] set a good screen, and I was able to get a little separation and at least get a catch. I was able to get to the rim, and I didn’t even see the ball go in, to be honest. I saw the contact and threw it up there, and I was real lucky the ball went in.”
If that’s true Nowitzki has been lucky a lot in his career. No, that is the skill that Nowitzki brings and few others who have ever played the game can match. Kevin Garnett played him well, but Nowitzki made the play and the Mavericks beat the Celtics.
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 5
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 10