Jan 12, 2012, 6:39 PM EDT
This time, it wasn’t Smith who did something, but his sister. According to reports, after Smith was fouled, his sister threw a bottle onto the court. And then freaked out, choking a woman and shoving an 80-year-old. The game had to be stopped and Smith actually went into the stands to try and restrain his sister.
Following the game, angry fans of the other team — the Bayi Rockets, also known as the Chinese military team that brawled with Georgetown — demanded an apology and actually held up Smith’s team’s bus for 45 minutes.
Yikes. There’s no good way to spin this, especially with the pictures. Hopefully this can all come to some sort of decent conclusion for the Smith family and the people Ms. Smith went after.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65