Jan 12, 2012, 6:39 PM EDT
This time, it wasn’t Smith who did something, but his sister. According to reports, after Smith was fouled, his sister threw a bottle onto the court. And then freaked out, choking a woman and shoving an 80-year-old. The game had to be stopped and Smith actually went into the stands to try and restrain his sister.
Following the game, angry fans of the other team — the Bayi Rockets, also known as the Chinese military team that brawled with Georgetown — demanded an apology and actually held up Smith’s team’s bus for 45 minutes.
Yikes. There’s no good way to spin this, especially with the pictures. Hopefully this can all come to some sort of decent conclusion for the Smith family and the people Ms. Smith went after.
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (64)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'