Jan 12, 2012, 6:39 PM EDT
This time, it wasn’t Smith who did something, but his sister. According to reports, after Smith was fouled, his sister threw a bottle onto the court. And then freaked out, choking a woman and shoving an 80-year-old. The game had to be stopped and Smith actually went into the stands to try and restrain his sister.
Following the game, angry fans of the other team — the Bayi Rockets, also known as the Chinese military team that brawled with Georgetown — demanded an apology and actually held up Smith’s team’s bus for 45 minutes.
Yikes. There’s no good way to spin this, especially with the pictures. Hopefully this can all come to some sort of decent conclusion for the Smith family and the people Ms. Smith went after.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 1
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 3
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16