Jan 12, 2012, 6:39 PM EDT
This time, it wasn’t Smith who did something, but his sister. According to reports, after Smith was fouled, his sister threw a bottle onto the court. And then freaked out, choking a woman and shoving an 80-year-old. The game had to be stopped and Smith actually went into the stands to try and restrain his sister.
Following the game, angry fans of the other team — the Bayi Rockets, also known as the Chinese military team that brawled with Georgetown — demanded an apology and actually held up Smith’s team’s bus for 45 minutes.
Yikes. There’s no good way to spin this, especially with the pictures. Hopefully this can all come to some sort of decent conclusion for the Smith family and the people Ms. Smith went after.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 19
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 72
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13