Jan 12, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
After the Clippers win over the Heat, in the Clippers locker room a player (to remain nameless as this was not an on the record conversation) asked about other games including the Lakers against the Jazz. I told him Kobe Bryant dropped 40 again on 31 shots and he just shook his head and said, “Kobe really wants that MVP.”
World Peace is having a hard time — getting going on offense.
Coach Lionel Hollins is frustrated with the Grizzlies defense. As he should be.
Jordan Farmar had been out of the rotation in New Jersey, got a chance and put up 26 points on Wednesday.
The Nuggets GM is trying to get in on Tim Tebow fever.
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 42
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 28
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 29
- The Extra Pass: Talking “Summer Dreams” with producer of Summer League documentary 0
- Thursday NBA grades: Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry 3