Jan 12, 2012, 11:11 AM EST
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
After the Clippers win over the Heat, in the Clippers locker room a player (to remain nameless as this was not an on the record conversation) asked about other games including the Lakers against the Jazz. I told him Kobe Bryant dropped 40 again on 31 shots and he just shook his head and said, “Kobe really wants that MVP.”
World Peace is having a hard time — getting going on offense.
Coach Lionel Hollins is frustrated with the Grizzlies defense. As he should be.
Jordan Farmar had been out of the rotation in New Jersey, got a chance and put up 26 points on Wednesday.
The Nuggets GM is trying to get in on Tim Tebow fever.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 14
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 16
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17