Jan 12, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
After the Clippers win over the Heat, in the Clippers locker room a player (to remain nameless as this was not an on the record conversation) asked about other games including the Lakers against the Jazz. I told him Kobe Bryant dropped 40 again on 31 shots and he just shook his head and said, “Kobe really wants that MVP.”
World Peace is having a hard time — getting going on offense.
Coach Lionel Hollins is frustrated with the Grizzlies defense. As he should be.
Jordan Farmar had been out of the rotation in New Jersey, got a chance and put up 26 points on Wednesday.
The Nuggets GM is trying to get in on Tim Tebow fever.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 10
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 23
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 56
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 49
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65