Jan 11, 2012, 11:29 AM EST
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
The 76ers have been good this year, but let’s not throw the word “elite” around. Yet. (The schedule has really favored them.)
That said, the Sixers side pick-and-roll destroyed Indy Monday night (and other teams before that). Philly is playing good team ball and really executing.
LeBron James says his ankle is only about 80 percent.
The Grizzlies will wear a patch the rest of this season honoring the late Gene Bartow, the man who was president of the company that owns the Grizzlies.
Kendrick Perkins now has four technicals this year. As a reminder, suspensions start at 13 this season.
Charles Barkley talks Tim Tebow (“the national nightmare continues”) and Saturday Night Live.
How about that Jan Vesley. He looked pretty good coming off the Wizards bench Tuesday.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11