Jan 11, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
The 76ers have been good this year, but let’s not throw the word “elite” around. Yet. (The schedule has really favored them.)
That said, the Sixers side pick-and-roll destroyed Indy Monday night (and other teams before that). Philly is playing good team ball and really executing.
LeBron James says his ankle is only about 80 percent.
The Grizzlies will wear a patch the rest of this season honoring the late Gene Bartow, the man who was president of the company that owns the Grizzlies.
Kendrick Perkins now has four technicals this year. As a reminder, suspensions start at 13 this season.
Charles Barkley talks Tim Tebow (“the national nightmare continues”) and Saturday Night Live.
How about that Jan Vesley. He looked pretty good coming off the Wizards bench Tuesday.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 12
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 44
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31