Jan 11, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
The 76ers have been good this year, but let’s not throw the word “elite” around. Yet. (The schedule has really favored them.)
That said, the Sixers side pick-and-roll destroyed Indy Monday night (and other teams before that). Philly is playing good team ball and really executing.
LeBron James says his ankle is only about 80 percent.
The Grizzlies will wear a patch the rest of this season honoring the late Gene Bartow, the man who was president of the company that owns the Grizzlies.
Kendrick Perkins now has four technicals this year. As a reminder, suspensions start at 13 this season.
Charles Barkley talks Tim Tebow (“the national nightmare continues”) and Saturday Night Live.
How about that Jan Vesley. He looked pretty good coming off the Wizards bench Tuesday.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13