Jan 11, 2012, 8:25 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant is an aging jump shooter with bad knees and a sore wrist and… well, it sure didn’t look anything like that on Tuesday. Kobe got to his spots on the floor against the Suns (Grant Hill can’t handle him), was feeling it and dropped 48 on Phoenix to power a Lakers win.
Half of Kobe’s made buckets were outside 15 feet, but they mostly came from spots on the wing or elbow where he is very comfortable. He also got a lot of buckets out of the post on both sides, where he has fantastic footwork and is hard to handle. Oh, and there were some impressive dunks as well. Kobe is feeling just fine, thank you very much. We’ll save talk of the Lakers needing to run their offense through their big men for another day.
- Kobe Bryant says elite players like LeBron, himself are underpaid. He’s right. 21
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 35
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 8
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 30
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16