Jan 11, 2012, 8:25 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant is an aging jump shooter with bad knees and a sore wrist and… well, it sure didn’t look anything like that on Tuesday. Kobe got to his spots on the floor against the Suns (Grant Hill can’t handle him), was feeling it and dropped 48 on Phoenix to power a Lakers win.
Half of Kobe’s made buckets were outside 15 feet, but they mostly came from spots on the wing or elbow where he is very comfortable. He also got a lot of buckets out of the post on both sides, where he has fantastic footwork and is hard to handle. Oh, and there were some impressive dunks as well. Kobe is feeling just fine, thank you very much. We’ll save talk of the Lakers needing to run their offense through their big men for another day.
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 0
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 12
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 15
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 25
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 10
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy