Jan 11, 2012, 8:25 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant is an aging jump shooter with bad knees and a sore wrist and… well, it sure didn’t look anything like that on Tuesday. Kobe got to his spots on the floor against the Suns (Grant Hill can’t handle him), was feeling it and dropped 48 on Phoenix to power a Lakers win.
Half of Kobe’s made buckets were outside 15 feet, but they mostly came from spots on the wing or elbow where he is very comfortable. He also got a lot of buckets out of the post on both sides, where he has fantastic footwork and is hard to handle. Oh, and there were some impressive dunks as well. Kobe is feeling just fine, thank you very much. We’ll save talk of the Lakers needing to run their offense through their big men for another day.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 20
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 9
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64