Jan 11, 2012, 3:17 PM EDT
So, it’s a sprain.
Stephen Curry has rolled his ankle three times this young season and is out a while to rest it. But since he had surgery on this same ankle, he decided to go back and have the surgeon — Dr. Bob Anderson — take a look at it.
Basically he saw what the team doctors saw, according to a team statement, via CSNBayArea.com.
“Following the examinations and consultations with both doctors, the diagnosis of Stephen’s injury remains a sprained right ankle with no structural damage. Stephen will continue to receive treatment and undergo rehabilitation therapy. He will be cleared to play whenever he is able to pass a functionality test on his right ankle.”
There you have it, an update that really isn’t an update.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 0
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 12
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 21
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29