Jan 11, 2012, 3:17 PM EDT
So, it’s a sprain.
Stephen Curry has rolled his ankle three times this young season and is out a while to rest it. But since he had surgery on this same ankle, he decided to go back and have the surgeon — Dr. Bob Anderson — take a look at it.
Basically he saw what the team doctors saw, according to a team statement, via CSNBayArea.com.
“Following the examinations and consultations with both doctors, the diagnosis of Stephen’s injury remains a sprained right ankle with no structural damage. Stephen will continue to receive treatment and undergo rehabilitation therapy. He will be cleared to play whenever he is able to pass a functionality test on his right ankle.”
There you have it, an update that really isn’t an update.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41