Jan 11, 2012, 3:17 PM EST
So, it’s a sprain.
Stephen Curry has rolled his ankle three times this young season and is out a while to rest it. But since he had surgery on this same ankle, he decided to go back and have the surgeon — Dr. Bob Anderson — take a look at it.
Basically he saw what the team doctors saw, according to a team statement, via CSNBayArea.com.
“Following the examinations and consultations with both doctors, the diagnosis of Stephen’s injury remains a sprained right ankle with no structural damage. Stephen will continue to receive treatment and undergo rehabilitation therapy. He will be cleared to play whenever he is able to pass a functionality test on his right ankle.”
There you have it, an update that really isn’t an update.
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 5
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 5
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 14
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 35
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)