Jan 11, 2012, 9:47 PM EDT
If you wondered just what happens to the Chicago Bulls offense when Derrick Rose isn’t there to create everything, watch Wednesday night’s game.
“It’s a pain tolerance thing. It’s a sprain. He’s gotten a lot of treatment. He usually responds very well to treatment,” Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said before the game. “It’s when the pain subsides when he can play.”
Smart money would bet that the pain will be tolerable by Friday when the Bulls take on the Celtics.
None the less, the Bulls brought up Mike James from the D-League to give them some PG depth while Rose recovers.
Rose sprained his toe in the first quarter of the Bulls win over the Timberwolves Tuesday but stayed in the game and played through it, scoring a season best 31.
Obviously for the Bulls they need to get him right, they don’t want this lingering through a season with a compacted schedule.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 44
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59