Jan 11, 2012, 9:47 PM EST
If you wondered just what happens to the Chicago Bulls offense when Derrick Rose isn’t there to create everything, watch Wednesday night’s game.
“It’s a pain tolerance thing. It’s a sprain. He’s gotten a lot of treatment. He usually responds very well to treatment,” Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said before the game. “It’s when the pain subsides when he can play.”
Smart money would bet that the pain will be tolerable by Friday when the Bulls take on the Celtics.
None the less, the Bulls brought up Mike James from the D-League to give them some PG depth while Rose recovers.
Rose sprained his toe in the first quarter of the Bulls win over the Timberwolves Tuesday but stayed in the game and played through it, scoring a season best 31.
Obviously for the Bulls they need to get him right, they don’t want this lingering through a season with a compacted schedule.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42