Jan 10, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
Jimmer fever has finally reached the starting lineup.
Jimmer Fredette got his first start with the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday, due to Marcus Thornton suffering a bruised thigh. He had been averaging 24 minutes a game off the bench but played almost the entire first quarter of this one.
Fredette has shown potential but is still struggling to find his shot in the NBA, hitting just 36.6 percent (29 percent from three). The Kings are not the most functional place to find your way in the NBA right now, but you get the feeling he will come around. This start just being the next step in many.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 26
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6