Jan 10, 2012, 7:45 PM EST
Jimmer fever has finally reached the starting lineup.
Jimmer Fredette got his first start with the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday, due to Marcus Thornton suffering a bruised thigh. He had been averaging 24 minutes a game off the bench but played almost the entire first quarter of this one.
Fredette has shown potential but is still struggling to find his shot in the NBA, hitting just 36.6 percent (29 percent from three). The Kings are not the most functional place to find your way in the NBA right now, but you get the feeling he will come around. This start just being the next step in many.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5