Jan 10, 2012, 7:45 PM EST
Jimmer fever has finally reached the starting lineup.
Jimmer Fredette got his first start with the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday, due to Marcus Thornton suffering a bruised thigh. He had been averaging 24 minutes a game off the bench but played almost the entire first quarter of this one.
Fredette has shown potential but is still struggling to find his shot in the NBA, hitting just 36.6 percent (29 percent from three). The Kings are not the most functional place to find your way in the NBA right now, but you get the feeling he will come around. This start just being the next step in many.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 0
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 14
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 28
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 19
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3