Jan 10, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
Jimmer fever has finally reached the starting lineup.
Jimmer Fredette got his first start with the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday, due to Marcus Thornton suffering a bruised thigh. He had been averaging 24 minutes a game off the bench but played almost the entire first quarter of this one.
Fredette has shown potential but is still struggling to find his shot in the NBA, hitting just 36.6 percent (29 percent from three). The Kings are not the most functional place to find your way in the NBA right now, but you get the feeling he will come around. This start just being the next step in many.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15