Jan 10, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
Jimmer fever has finally reached the starting lineup.
Jimmer Fredette got his first start with the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday, due to Marcus Thornton suffering a bruised thigh. He had been averaging 24 minutes a game off the bench but played almost the entire first quarter of this one.
Fredette has shown potential but is still struggling to find his shot in the NBA, hitting just 36.6 percent (29 percent from three). The Kings are not the most functional place to find your way in the NBA right now, but you get the feeling he will come around. This start just being the next step in many.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 5
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 30
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 8