Jan 10, 2012, 11:46 AM EST
Good news out of the Boston area — Jeff Green had successful heart surgery Monday.
Green was to be a key part of the Celtics bench until a routine preseason physical found an aneurysm — an abnormal ballooning of an artery near the heart — that required surgery. That surgery went well, according to CSNNE.com.
“They’re saying it went great,” said (Doc Rivers) Celtics’ head coach. “Obviously, our thoughts, our prayers, and every part of our being is with Jeff right now.”
Rivers said that he now wants to hear that Green will be able to play again.
“That would be terrific. I don’t care if it’s with us. I want it to be with us. [But] I just want him [to play again].
When he does he will be an unrestricted free agent as the Celtics have pulled their qualifying offer to him.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 4
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 2
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 6
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)