Jan 10, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
Good news out of the Boston area — Jeff Green had successful heart surgery Monday.
Green was to be a key part of the Celtics bench until a routine preseason physical found an aneurysm — an abnormal ballooning of an artery near the heart — that required surgery. That surgery went well, according to CSNNE.com.
“They’re saying it went great,” said (Doc Rivers) Celtics’ head coach. “Obviously, our thoughts, our prayers, and every part of our being is with Jeff right now.”
Rivers said that he now wants to hear that Green will be able to play again.
“That would be terrific. I don’t care if it’s with us. I want it to be with us. [But] I just want him [to play again].
When he does he will be an unrestricted free agent as the Celtics have pulled their qualifying offer to him.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17