Jan 10, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
Good news out of the Boston area — Jeff Green had successful heart surgery Monday.
Green was to be a key part of the Celtics bench until a routine preseason physical found an aneurysm — an abnormal ballooning of an artery near the heart — that required surgery. That surgery went well, according to CSNNE.com.
“They’re saying it went great,” said (Doc Rivers) Celtics’ head coach. “Obviously, our thoughts, our prayers, and every part of our being is with Jeff right now.”
Rivers said that he now wants to hear that Green will be able to play again.
“That would be terrific. I don’t care if it’s with us. I want it to be with us. [But] I just want him [to play again].
When he does he will be an unrestricted free agent as the Celtics have pulled their qualifying offer to him.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48