Jan 10, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
Good news out of the Boston area — Jeff Green had successful heart surgery Monday.
Green was to be a key part of the Celtics bench until a routine preseason physical found an aneurysm — an abnormal ballooning of an artery near the heart — that required surgery. That surgery went well, according to CSNNE.com.
“They’re saying it went great,” said (Doc Rivers) Celtics’ head coach. “Obviously, our thoughts, our prayers, and every part of our being is with Jeff right now.”
Rivers said that he now wants to hear that Green will be able to play again.
“That would be terrific. I don’t care if it’s with us. I want it to be with us. [But] I just want him [to play again].
When he does he will be an unrestricted free agent as the Celtics have pulled their qualifying offer to him.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30