Jan 10, 2012, 12:54 PM EST
Bogut had a family issue to attend to back in his native Australia and had an excused absence from the team. There is no health issue.
But the timing was rough for the Bucks — he missed the last four games of a West Coast road swing. The Bucks lost five straight. Without Bogut and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute the usually stout Bucks defense went soft. Also out due to injuries have been Beno Udrih and Mike Dunleavy Jr.
Getting Bogut back will at least be a boost as a Bucks team that has the talent to compete for one of the last playoff spots in the East but needs to find its footing. Fast.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 6
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30