Jan 10, 2012, 12:54 PM EST
Bogut had a family issue to attend to back in his native Australia and had an excused absence from the team. There is no health issue.
But the timing was rough for the Bucks — he missed the last four games of a West Coast road swing. The Bucks lost five straight. Without Bogut and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute the usually stout Bucks defense went soft. Also out due to injuries have been Beno Udrih and Mike Dunleavy Jr.
Getting Bogut back will at least be a boost as a Bucks team that has the talent to compete for one of the last playoff spots in the East but needs to find its footing. Fast.
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 0
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 6
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)