Jan 10, 2012, 12:54 PM EDT
Bogut had a family issue to attend to back in his native Australia and had an excused absence from the team. There is no health issue.
But the timing was rough for the Bucks — he missed the last four games of a West Coast road swing. The Bucks lost five straight. Without Bogut and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute the usually stout Bucks defense went soft. Also out due to injuries have been Beno Udrih and Mike Dunleavy Jr.
Getting Bogut back will at least be a boost as a Bucks team that has the talent to compete for one of the last playoff spots in the East but needs to find its footing. Fast.
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 1
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 30