Jan 9, 2012, 2:38 PM EST
Rashard Lewis did not play for the Washington Wizards Sunday night and was not on the bench for the game.
But on Monday everyone around the team has denied that it was due to fight between Lewis and assistant coach Sam Cassell that led Lewis to walk away for a night, as reported by CSNWashington.com.
Rashard Lewis denied spat with Sam Cassell. “No argument at all. Maybe we because we haven’t won somebody is trying to make up stories.”
Flip Saunders said report of a Lewis-Cassell argument is “not true.” Lewis added he wasn’t on bench because he lacked sports coat
Teams always deny or downplay these kinds of things, so take it with a grain of salt. That said, we don’t know what really went on behind closed doors and how serious anything may or may not have been.
What we know is the 0-8 Wizards are a mess, on and off the court right now.
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 17
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 34
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19