Jan 9, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
Rashard Lewis did not play for the Washington Wizards Sunday night and was not on the bench for the game.
But on Monday everyone around the team has denied that it was due to fight between Lewis and assistant coach Sam Cassell that led Lewis to walk away for a night, as reported by CSNWashington.com.
Rashard Lewis denied spat with Sam Cassell. “No argument at all. Maybe we because we haven’t won somebody is trying to make up stories.”
Flip Saunders said report of a Lewis-Cassell argument is “not true.” Lewis added he wasn’t on bench because he lacked sports coat
Teams always deny or downplay these kinds of things, so take it with a grain of salt. That said, we don’t know what really went on behind closed doors and how serious anything may or may not have been.
What we know is the 0-8 Wizards are a mess, on and off the court right now.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37