Jan 9, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
Rashard Lewis did not play for the Washington Wizards Sunday night and was not on the bench for the game.
But on Monday everyone around the team has denied that it was due to fight between Lewis and assistant coach Sam Cassell that led Lewis to walk away for a night, as reported by CSNWashington.com.
Rashard Lewis denied spat with Sam Cassell. “No argument at all. Maybe we because we haven’t won somebody is trying to make up stories.”
Flip Saunders said report of a Lewis-Cassell argument is “not true.” Lewis added he wasn’t on bench because he lacked sports coat
Teams always deny or downplay these kinds of things, so take it with a grain of salt. That said, we don’t know what really went on behind closed doors and how serious anything may or may not have been.
What we know is the 0-8 Wizards are a mess, on and off the court right now.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 4
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 4
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 16
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 12
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6