Jan 9, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
Rashard Lewis did not play for the Washington Wizards Sunday night and was not on the bench for the game.
But on Monday everyone around the team has denied that it was due to fight between Lewis and assistant coach Sam Cassell that led Lewis to walk away for a night, as reported by CSNWashington.com.
Rashard Lewis denied spat with Sam Cassell. “No argument at all. Maybe we because we haven’t won somebody is trying to make up stories.”
Flip Saunders said report of a Lewis-Cassell argument is “not true.” Lewis added he wasn’t on bench because he lacked sports coat
Teams always deny or downplay these kinds of things, so take it with a grain of salt. That said, we don’t know what really went on behind closed doors and how serious anything may or may not have been.
What we know is the 0-8 Wizards are a mess, on and off the court right now.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20