Jan 9, 2012, 5:44 PM EST
Mark Cuban twisted arms and bench schedules to get his champion Dallas Mavericks a date at the White House. The league did not schedule the Mavericks to make a stop in Washington D.C. as part of the shortened post-lockout schedule but Cuban found a way.
Obama jokes around with Dallas, saying the veteran team was the first team of his “contemporaries” to come through the White House. He talked about Dirk Nowitzki being slow and Jason Terry‘s tattoo. He also talked about them being able to overcome because they played like a team, played smarter.
The best part — when Obama says he expects to hand the trophy to his home-town Bulls next year. Now that was quality.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 9
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 8
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54