Jan 9, 2012, 5:44 PM EST
Mark Cuban twisted arms and bench schedules to get his champion Dallas Mavericks a date at the White House. The league did not schedule the Mavericks to make a stop in Washington D.C. as part of the shortened post-lockout schedule but Cuban found a way.
Obama jokes around with Dallas, saying the veteran team was the first team of his “contemporaries” to come through the White House. He talked about Dirk Nowitzki being slow and Jason Terry‘s tattoo. He also talked about them being able to overcome because they played like a team, played smarter.
The best part — when Obama says he expects to hand the trophy to his home-town Bulls next year. Now that was quality.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)