Jan 9, 2012, 5:44 PM EST
Mark Cuban twisted arms and bench schedules to get his champion Dallas Mavericks a date at the White House. The league did not schedule the Mavericks to make a stop in Washington D.C. as part of the shortened post-lockout schedule but Cuban found a way.
Obama jokes around with Dallas, saying the veteran team was the first team of his “contemporaries” to come through the White House. He talked about Dirk Nowitzki being slow and Jason Terry‘s tattoo. He also talked about them being able to overcome because they played like a team, played smarter.
The best part — when Obama says he expects to hand the trophy to his home-town Bulls next year. Now that was quality.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 0
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 8
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20