Jan 9, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Mark Cuban twisted arms and bench schedules to get his champion Dallas Mavericks a date at the White House. The league did not schedule the Mavericks to make a stop in Washington D.C. as part of the shortened post-lockout schedule but Cuban found a way.
Obama jokes around with Dallas, saying the veteran team was the first team of his “contemporaries” to come through the White House. He talked about Dirk Nowitzki being slow and Jason Terry‘s tattoo. He also talked about them being able to overcome because they played like a team, played smarter.
The best part — when Obama says he expects to hand the trophy to his home-town Bulls next year. Now that was quality.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 0
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 3
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 27
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 31
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 10
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17