Jan 9, 2012, 7:58 AM EDT
How could the 0-8 Washington Wizards come off as more dysfunctional? Well….
Rashard Lewis got into a pregame fight with assistant coach Sam Cassell and refused to play in the Wizards loss to Minnesota Sunday, reports to CSNWashington.com. He was not on the Wizards bench during the game (officially because of a sore knee, but if you believe that you probably believe Sammy Hagar is the greatest rock guitarist of all time).
That would be Rashard “I’m making $22.2 million this year” Lewis, by the way.
That would be Lewis the “stretch four” who is shooting 22.2 percent from three this season. Averaging just 8.7 points per game. He of the 8.2 PER (the kind of number you expect from D-League call ups).
Lewis, like everyone on the Wizards, is struggling. And I have no idea what this fight was about. But I’ll bet you that Cassell is right.
This young Wizards team desperately needs veteran leadership to show it how to prepare, how to compete, how to be professional at the NBA level. They are not getting that from Lewis.
- Report: DeAndre Jordan “on verge ” of taking max deal to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 9
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 7
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0