Jan 9, 2012, 7:58 AM EDT
How could the 0-8 Washington Wizards come off as more dysfunctional? Well….
Rashard Lewis got into a pregame fight with assistant coach Sam Cassell and refused to play in the Wizards loss to Minnesota Sunday, reports to CSNWashington.com. He was not on the Wizards bench during the game (officially because of a sore knee, but if you believe that you probably believe Sammy Hagar is the greatest rock guitarist of all time).
That would be Rashard “I’m making $22.2 million this year” Lewis, by the way.
That would be Lewis the “stretch four” who is shooting 22.2 percent from three this season. Averaging just 8.7 points per game. He of the 8.2 PER (the kind of number you expect from D-League call ups).
Lewis, like everyone on the Wizards, is struggling. And I have no idea what this fight was about. But I’ll bet you that Cassell is right.
This young Wizards team desperately needs veteran leadership to show it how to prepare, how to compete, how to be professional at the NBA level. They are not getting that from Lewis.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29