Jan 9, 2012, 7:58 AM EST
How could the 0-8 Washington Wizards come off as more dysfunctional? Well….
Rashard Lewis got into a pregame fight with assistant coach Sam Cassell and refused to play in the Wizards loss to Minnesota Sunday, reports to CSNWashington.com. He was not on the Wizards bench during the game (officially because of a sore knee, but if you believe that you probably believe Sammy Hagar is the greatest rock guitarist of all time).
That would be Rashard “I’m making $22.2 million this year” Lewis, by the way.
That would be Lewis the “stretch four” who is shooting 22.2 percent from three this season. Averaging just 8.7 points per game. He of the 8.2 PER (the kind of number you expect from D-League call ups).
Lewis, like everyone on the Wizards, is struggling. And I have no idea what this fight was about. But I’ll bet you that Cassell is right.
This young Wizards team desperately needs veteran leadership to show it how to prepare, how to compete, how to be professional at the NBA level. They are not getting that from Lewis.
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 4
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 4
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18