Jan 9, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
“I don’t know, man, it’s just hurting. It could be three different things. (Plantar fasciitis is) one of them. The bruise is one of ’em. Maybe it’s a combination. I just know that it’s in the area of the plantar fascia and I know it’s bruised as well. Whatever it is, it’s just taking its course, taking its time to get healthy.”
Plantar fasciitis is a chronic foot condition, a painful inflammation of a thick band of tissue that runs the length of the bottom of your foot and connects the heel bone to the toes. It’s basically an overuse injury.
The treatment: Rest. Lots of it.
Which is the worrisome part. Come back to fast and it can come and go, lingering through the season. It happened to a lot of players over time, including Tyreke Evans last season. In a condensed schedule it would be harder to heal.
Now, maybe it’s just a bruise. Either way, patience is the key. With the Heat having gone 3-0 without Wade and LeBron James just basically pretending he’s in Cleveland South and dominating, Miami can afford to wait. You don’t need Dwyane Wade in January, you need him rested and ready in April and beyond.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11