Jan 9, 2012, 7:11 PM EDT
“I don’t know, man, it’s just hurting. It could be three different things. (Plantar fasciitis is) one of them. The bruise is one of ‘em. Maybe it’s a combination. I just know that it’s in the area of the plantar fascia and I know it’s bruised as well. Whatever it is, it’s just taking its course, taking its time to get healthy.”
Plantar fasciitis is a chronic foot condition, a painful inflammation of a thick band of tissue that runs the length of the bottom of your foot and connects the heel bone to the toes. It’s basically an overuse injury.
The treatment: Rest. Lots of it.
Which is the worrisome part. Come back to fast and it can come and go, lingering through the season. It happened to a lot of players over time, including Tyreke Evans last season. In a condensed schedule it would be harder to heal.
Now, maybe it’s just a bruise. Either way, patience is the key. With the Heat having gone 3-0 without Wade and LeBron James just basically pretending he’s in Cleveland South and dominating, Miami can afford to wait. You don’t need Dwyane Wade in January, you need him rested and ready in April and beyond.
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 4
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 23
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 56
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11