Jan 7, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Beasley has taken a huge step backwards this season after a promising 2011 campaign. He’s shooting just 39 percent from the field and 44 percent from the line, with a PER of 7. That’s right. Seven. So maybe some time off will do some good. Meanwhile, the Timberwolves have excelled when their offense has moved away from Beasley. Williams in particular has shown great confidence in perimeter scoring and drawing fouls, and has a better chemistry with Ricky Rubio. Williams is also a more willing passer which is important in Adelman’s system and with the new weapons they have at their disposal.
You have to wonder if this could provide an opportunity for Williams to cement himself in the starting role, which could result in a trade for Beasley eventually. The Wolves have an easier schedule while Beasley’s out, facing Washington and Toronto, before an inevitable thumping at the hands of Chicago.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 0
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 27
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28