Jan 6, 2012, 9:07 PM EST
Interesting interview with NBC Sports Network’s own Darren Rovell sitting down with Clipper savior (for now) Chris Paul. Among the highlights.
• “Whirlwind” was the word he used to describe Lakers trade falling apart then Clippers.
• Says he was able to put Lakers idea behind him quickly then move on because he was excited to be a Clipper.
• Says history of Clippers is the past, he is thinking about the future.
• He says team can survive in New Orleans and fans deserve it.
• He talks NBA labor discussion and lockout, says he thinks they got a better deal because of it.
• He says there are more marketing opportunities in Los Angeles than New Orleans. Duh.
• He loves being part of the Jordan Brand with Nike. Again, Duh.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 4
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 10
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 14
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (48)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (37)