Jan 6, 2012, 9:07 PM EDT
Interesting interview with NBC Sports Network’s own Darren Rovell sitting down with Clipper savior (for now) Chris Paul. Among the highlights.
• “Whirlwind” was the word he used to describe Lakers trade falling apart then Clippers.
• Says he was able to put Lakers idea behind him quickly then move on because he was excited to be a Clipper.
• Says history of Clippers is the past, he is thinking about the future.
• He says team can survive in New Orleans and fans deserve it.
• He talks NBA labor discussion and lockout, says he thinks they got a better deal because of it.
• He says there are more marketing opportunities in Los Angeles than New Orleans. Duh.
• He loves being part of the Jordan Brand with Nike. Again, Duh.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9