Jan 6, 2012, 9:07 PM EDT
Interesting interview with NBC Sports Network’s own Darren Rovell sitting down with Clipper savior (for now) Chris Paul. Among the highlights.
• “Whirlwind” was the word he used to describe Lakers trade falling apart then Clippers.
• Says he was able to put Lakers idea behind him quickly then move on because he was excited to be a Clipper.
• Says history of Clippers is the past, he is thinking about the future.
• He says team can survive in New Orleans and fans deserve it.
• He talks NBA labor discussion and lockout, says he thinks they got a better deal because of it.
• He says there are more marketing opportunities in Los Angeles than New Orleans. Duh.
• He loves being part of the Jordan Brand with Nike. Again, Duh.
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 0
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6