Jan 6, 2012, 9:07 PM EDT
Interesting interview with NBC Sports Network’s own Darren Rovell sitting down with Clipper savior (for now) Chris Paul. Among the highlights.
• “Whirlwind” was the word he used to describe Lakers trade falling apart then Clippers.
• Says he was able to put Lakers idea behind him quickly then move on because he was excited to be a Clipper.
• Says history of Clippers is the past, he is thinking about the future.
• He says team can survive in New Orleans and fans deserve it.
• He talks NBA labor discussion and lockout, says he thinks they got a better deal because of it.
• He says there are more marketing opportunities in Los Angeles than New Orleans. Duh.
• He loves being part of the Jordan Brand with Nike. Again, Duh.
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 12
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 32
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 22
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64