Jan 6, 2012, 9:07 PM EDT
Interesting interview with NBC Sports Network’s own Darren Rovell sitting down with Clipper savior (for now) Chris Paul. Among the highlights.
• “Whirlwind” was the word he used to describe Lakers trade falling apart then Clippers.
• Says he was able to put Lakers idea behind him quickly then move on because he was excited to be a Clipper.
• Says history of Clippers is the past, he is thinking about the future.
• He says team can survive in New Orleans and fans deserve it.
• He talks NBA labor discussion and lockout, says he thinks they got a better deal because of it.
• He says there are more marketing opportunities in Los Angeles than New Orleans. Duh.
• He loves being part of the Jordan Brand with Nike. Again, Duh.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 2
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 17
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7