Jan 6, 2012, 9:24 AM EDT
An incident from one of the many charity games played during the lockout has become a very serious situation for Rockets point guard Kyle Lowry.
The declaration of warrant/summons said, “At the end of the game, Lowry approached the victim and threw a basketball at her striking her in her torso. The victim picked up the basketball and tossed it back at Lowry. Lowry became upset and stated, ‘B****, meet me outside. I will kick you’re a**’.”
The warrant goes on to allege that after Lowry walked away, Robinson went to the designated area for officials to change shoes and clothing, and she was hit with a basketball at a high rate of speed.
The statement says that Lowry apologized for what he did saying his emotions got the better of him, and that Corey Maggette apologized for him as well. The other referees reportedly back up the victims’ account of what happened, saying that Lowry was verbally abusive to them as well.
Lowry declined to comment citing this being a legal proceeding. The Rockets released a statement saying they were aware of the charges but would not comment.
If convicted Lowry could face up to six months in prison and a $1,000 fine (although for a misdemeanor the punishment would be less severe).
Lowry is playing the best basketball of his career this season, averaging 15.3 points and 10 assists per game.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6