Jan 6, 2012, 9:24 AM EDT
An incident from one of the many charity games played during the lockout has become a very serious situation for Rockets point guard Kyle Lowry.
The declaration of warrant/summons said, “At the end of the game, Lowry approached the victim and threw a basketball at her striking her in her torso. The victim picked up the basketball and tossed it back at Lowry. Lowry became upset and stated, ‘B****, meet me outside. I will kick you’re a**’.”
The warrant goes on to allege that after Lowry walked away, Robinson went to the designated area for officials to change shoes and clothing, and she was hit with a basketball at a high rate of speed.
The statement says that Lowry apologized for what he did saying his emotions got the better of him, and that Corey Maggette apologized for him as well. The other referees reportedly back up the victims’ account of what happened, saying that Lowry was verbally abusive to them as well.
Lowry declined to comment citing this being a legal proceeding. The Rockets released a statement saying they were aware of the charges but would not comment.
If convicted Lowry could face up to six months in prison and a $1,000 fine (although for a misdemeanor the punishment would be less severe).
Lowry is playing the best basketball of his career this season, averaging 15.3 points and 10 assists per game.
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 3
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5