Jan 6, 2012, 9:24 AM EDT
An incident from one of the many charity games played during the lockout has become a very serious situation for Rockets point guard Kyle Lowry.
The declaration of warrant/summons said, “At the end of the game, Lowry approached the victim and threw a basketball at her striking her in her torso. The victim picked up the basketball and tossed it back at Lowry. Lowry became upset and stated, ‘B****, meet me outside. I will kick you’re a**’.”
The warrant goes on to allege that after Lowry walked away, Robinson went to the designated area for officials to change shoes and clothing, and she was hit with a basketball at a high rate of speed.
The statement says that Lowry apologized for what he did saying his emotions got the better of him, and that Corey Maggette apologized for him as well. The other referees reportedly back up the victims’ account of what happened, saying that Lowry was verbally abusive to them as well.
Lowry declined to comment citing this being a legal proceeding. The Rockets released a statement saying they were aware of the charges but would not comment.
If convicted Lowry could face up to six months in prison and a $1,000 fine (although for a misdemeanor the punishment would be less severe).
Lowry is playing the best basketball of his career this season, averaging 15.3 points and 10 assists per game.
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 15
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70