Jan 6, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
Hayes dislocated his left shoulder when he fouled the Bucks Drew Gooden and their arms got tangled up awkwardly. Hayes fell to the ground in pain and laid there for several minutes before going back to the locker room.
New Kings coach Keith Smart’s job just got a lot harder as Hayes brought steady, hard-nosed production to a young front line that can be pretty erratic. He’s going to have to rely more on J.J. Hickson, who has struggled, or find someone else to give him those steady minutes.
Hayes was signed by the Kings in the off-season but a heart condition that came up during his physical led to Sacramento voiding the contract. After further tests (and possibly some treatment) Hayes was re-signed by the Kings at a higher rate than his first deal.
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 0
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 3
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 11
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23