Jan 6, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
Hayes dislocated his left shoulder when he fouled the Bucks Drew Gooden and their arms got tangled up awkwardly. Hayes fell to the ground in pain and laid there for several minutes before going back to the locker room.
New Kings coach Keith Smart’s job just got a lot harder as Hayes brought steady, hard-nosed production to a young front line that can be pretty erratic. He’s going to have to rely more on J.J. Hickson, who has struggled, or find someone else to give him those steady minutes.
Hayes was signed by the Kings in the off-season but a heart condition that came up during his physical led to Sacramento voiding the contract. After further tests (and possibly some treatment) Hayes was re-signed by the Kings at a higher rate than his first deal.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 0
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5