Jan 6, 2012, 6:00 PM EST
Hayes dislocated his left shoulder when he fouled the Bucks Drew Gooden and their arms got tangled up awkwardly. Hayes fell to the ground in pain and laid there for several minutes before going back to the locker room.
New Kings coach Keith Smart’s job just got a lot harder as Hayes brought steady, hard-nosed production to a young front line that can be pretty erratic. He’s going to have to rely more on J.J. Hickson, who has struggled, or find someone else to give him those steady minutes.
Hayes was signed by the Kings in the off-season but a heart condition that came up during his physical led to Sacramento voiding the contract. After further tests (and possibly some treatment) Hayes was re-signed by the Kings at a higher rate than his first deal.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 55
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7