Jan 6, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
Hayes dislocated his left shoulder when he fouled the Bucks Drew Gooden and their arms got tangled up awkwardly. Hayes fell to the ground in pain and laid there for several minutes before going back to the locker room.
New Kings coach Keith Smart’s job just got a lot harder as Hayes brought steady, hard-nosed production to a young front line that can be pretty erratic. He’s going to have to rely more on J.J. Hickson, who has struggled, or find someone else to give him those steady minutes.
Hayes was signed by the Kings in the off-season but a heart condition that came up during his physical led to Sacramento voiding the contract. After further tests (and possibly some treatment) Hayes was re-signed by the Kings at a higher rate than his first deal.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18