Jan 6, 2012, 1:17 AM EDT
Because the Mavericks needed another challenge to the start of their season…
Point guard Jason Kidd played all but the last :30 seconds of the first quarter, but when he came off the floor he went straight to the locker room not to return. While this is not likely a severe injury, exactly how bad it may be is or how many games he could miss not clear.
He will be re-evaluated on Friday, according to ESPNDallas.com. The Mavericks play again on Saturday.
“We’ll see where we are,” coach Rick Carlisle said. “It happened on a play and I don’t know which one, but it definitely happened on a play.”
This is the kind of wear and tear the Mavericks (and other veteran teams) have been concerned about — this was Dallas’ fourth game in five nights. Kidd, at age 38, has averaged 30 minutes a game coming into Thursday.
Kidd had no points and three assists in a game where Dallas was handily beaten by the Spurs, 93-71.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18