Jan 6, 2012, 1:17 AM EST
Because the Mavericks needed another challenge to the start of their season…
Point guard Jason Kidd played all but the last :30 seconds of the first quarter, but when he came off the floor he went straight to the locker room not to return. While this is not likely a severe injury, exactly how bad it may be is or how many games he could miss not clear.
He will be re-evaluated on Friday, according to ESPNDallas.com. The Mavericks play again on Saturday.
“We’ll see where we are,” coach Rick Carlisle said. “It happened on a play and I don’t know which one, but it definitely happened on a play.”
This is the kind of wear and tear the Mavericks (and other veteran teams) have been concerned about — this was Dallas’ fourth game in five nights. Kidd, at age 38, has averaged 30 minutes a game coming into Thursday.
Kidd had no points and three assists in a game where Dallas was handily beaten by the Spurs, 93-71.
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 23
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)