Jan 6, 2012, 1:17 AM EST
Because the Mavericks needed another challenge to the start of their season…
Point guard Jason Kidd played all but the last :30 seconds of the first quarter, but when he came off the floor he went straight to the locker room not to return. While this is not likely a severe injury, exactly how bad it may be is or how many games he could miss not clear.
He will be re-evaluated on Friday, according to ESPNDallas.com. The Mavericks play again on Saturday.
“We’ll see where we are,” coach Rick Carlisle said. “It happened on a play and I don’t know which one, but it definitely happened on a play.”
This is the kind of wear and tear the Mavericks (and other veteran teams) have been concerned about — this was Dallas’ fourth game in five nights. Kidd, at age 38, has averaged 30 minutes a game coming into Thursday.
Kidd had no points and three assists in a game where Dallas was handily beaten by the Spurs, 93-71.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10