Jan 6, 2012, 1:17 AM EDT
Because the Mavericks needed another challenge to the start of their season…
Point guard Jason Kidd played all but the last :30 seconds of the first quarter, but when he came off the floor he went straight to the locker room not to return. While this is not likely a severe injury, exactly how bad it may be is or how many games he could miss not clear.
He will be re-evaluated on Friday, according to ESPNDallas.com. The Mavericks play again on Saturday.
“We’ll see where we are,” coach Rick Carlisle said. “It happened on a play and I don’t know which one, but it definitely happened on a play.”
This is the kind of wear and tear the Mavericks (and other veteran teams) have been concerned about — this was Dallas’ fourth game in five nights. Kidd, at age 38, has averaged 30 minutes a game coming into Thursday.
Kidd had no points and three assists in a game where Dallas was handily beaten by the Spurs, 93-71.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 3
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25