Jan 6, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Eric Gordon, who returned to the Hornets lineup Wednesday and dropped 22 points, is back out.
He will miss the next two to three weeks to rest his knee, according to a tweet from Sean Kelly, radio voice of the Hornets. His knee experienced swelling after that game.
Gordon had sat out the four games prior to Wednesday resting his knee, but the one outing apparently aggravated the injury. This is something the Hornets don’t want to linger so they are going to let him rest it for a while.
Gordon was the centerpiece coming back to New Orleans in the trade that sent Chris Paul to the Clippers. Gordon, 23, is one of the best young shooting guards in the game. When healthy. But he has had increasing injury problems the last couple years and it all makes one a little wary.
If the Hornets are going to be respectable this season they will need Gordon to play a big role. Marco Belinelli will get more run in the interim but the real burden will be the extra scoring needed from Jarrett Jack.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50