Jan 6, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Eric Gordon, who returned to the Hornets lineup Wednesday and dropped 22 points, is back out.
He will miss the next two to three weeks to rest his knee, according to a tweet from Sean Kelly, radio voice of the Hornets. His knee experienced swelling after that game.
Gordon had sat out the four games prior to Wednesday resting his knee, but the one outing apparently aggravated the injury. This is something the Hornets don’t want to linger so they are going to let him rest it for a while.
Gordon was the centerpiece coming back to New Orleans in the trade that sent Chris Paul to the Clippers. Gordon, 23, is one of the best young shooting guards in the game. When healthy. But he has had increasing injury problems the last couple years and it all makes one a little wary.
If the Hornets are going to be respectable this season they will need Gordon to play a big role. Marco Belinelli will get more run in the interim but the real burden will be the extra scoring needed from Jarrett Jack.
- It’s official: Carmelo Anthony announces he will remain face of New York Knicks 0
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 66
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 47
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 59
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 50
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 36
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 22
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 61