Jan 6, 2012, 11:12 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Maybe that will help, because the Wizards are sucking the fun out of basketball right now.
The hopes of Knicks fans are dashed — Iman Shumpert will NOT start on Friday, Mike D’Antoni told reporters at shootaround.
Deron Williams is expected to return to the Nets Friday night.
Over-switiching is one of the problems with the Knicks defense. Just one of them.
Jerry West thinks Pat Riley and the Heat will win “numerous” titles.
Norris who? If you didn’t catch it, Mario Chalmers had 29 points, eight assists and seven rebounds for the Heat on Thursday. And he was big in the third overtime.
Tracy McGrady had a great fourth quarter against the Heat but reports after the game said his knee stiffened. He is now questionable for Friday.
DeMarcus Cousins is struggling to get his shots around the rim to go in this season. Expect that to change. (Plus this is an interesting statistical discussion by Kevin Pelton.)
How Paul Westphal’s tenure in Sacramento felt a lot like his time in Seattle.
Donte Green has temporarily left the Kings due to a death in the family.
Really interesting interview with coach Paul Silas talking all things Bobcats.
Heat owner Micky Arison lost $1.3 billion dollars last year according to Forbes. So, technically, you and I made more money than Arison last year.
Devin Ebanks is frustrated that his minutes are dropping with the Lakers. Hey, Mike Brown is looking for any combination and player that works — the minutes are there for the taking if you play better.
Luther Head has signed a deal to play in the D-League.
Adam Morrison is about to sign with Besiktas in Turkey.
The Bulls have restructured their business side of the operation.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 17
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 36
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 6
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2