Drake raps about Kobe Bryant divorce

Jan 6, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT

Canadian rapper Drake performs at the 2010 MuchMusic Video Awards in Toronto Reuters

Normally, right here is where you would find the video for Rick Ross’s new song “Stay Schemin” featuring Drake and French Montana. But because this is a family site, we are not about to post that video. If you are not at work and do not have children around, then follow this link.

In that song Drake raps about Kobe’s pending divorce from wife Vannessa, via David Brickley at SportsTalkNetwork.com.

“Kobe about to lose one hundred and fifty M’s [Million}, Kobe My N—- hate it to have to be him, B—- you wasn’t with me shootin in the gym”

Look, Kobe was young, saw this girl at a video shoot and married her without concern for future fortune (Drake is right, there reportedly was no pre-nup, so much cash was lost). That’s love. Sure, love can be damn stupid at times but I don’t blame Kobe for that. That’s what love should be like. Besides, not like the guy is living on the streets of Newport Beach. He’ll be fine, his kids will be fine, and unless his kids are Hiltonesque his grandkids will be fine.

But now Drake has weighed in so… everything is good?

1. cakemixa - Jan 6, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Good lord. I expected dumb and useless stories during the lockout, but you’re really on a roll lately, even with the regular season going!

2. illogic87 - Jan 6, 2012 at 8:36 PM

wtf

3. mrlitl - Jan 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Gotta agree. Pretty dumb story. Sorry Kurt. Still like u tho.

4. tampajoey - Jan 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Everyone of us wish we had Kobe’s “problems”.

5. nightrain42 - Jan 6, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Who the hell is Drake? He ain’t nobody. Guess he is tryin to get some street cred by bashing da mamba.

• bparmalee - Jan 6, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Drake is a really suspect Canadian singer that has a crush on Kobe. Kobe isnt single for a minute and Drake is already trying to move in. Dude is suspect.

• skipp504 - Jan 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM

He raps you idiots! And both of his albums have gone multi-platinum in an age where piracy has caused even the biggest artist to just sell gold. And when it comes to street cred, he is signed to Lil Wayne’s label and he is homies with Rick Ross. You can’t get more street fred than that. Have you people been living under a rock! Kurt, they don’t get it cuz they don’t live it.

• crimson22 - Jan 7, 2012 at 2:46 AM

lol He calls himself a “rapper” but he sings (flatly) half the time so he’s really more of a monotone R&B singer. You’re right.

• danielcp0303 - Jan 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Skipp504 gets it because he lives with street Fred. Ignorance really is bliss

• stayhigh_247 - Jan 9, 2012 at 9:40 AM

@skipp504
        did u really just say that because Drake (closeted rapper) associates with Rick (undercover officer) Ross & Lil (kiss men in the mouth) Wayne he has street fred? No wonder these wack dudes get a free pass. Aint nothing street about any of those dudes, all 3 of them would get bitch slapped in every ghetto USA. They are good actors if anything…Do some research homie!

6. dgbk - Jan 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM

smh…..u could of atleast posted kobe’s awful attempt at a rap career with the song he did with tyra banks thats good for laugh……

7. goforthanddie - Jan 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM

What’s a “Drake”, and why should anyone care?

8. falconsfan1991 - Jan 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM

99 problems drake aint one

9. trbowman - Jan 6, 2012 at 10:57 PM

10. keyshawn22 - Jan 6, 2012 at 11:06 PM

While Drake is a clown and I am by far not a Kobe lover I have to agree with him when he says “B—- you wasn’t with me shootin in the gym” She didnt do anything to earn any of the $ it was all Kobe and shes gonna clean up…

11. mikeeg - Jan 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Is this pbt or tmz? Who gives a flyin f

12. nicosanchez02 - Jan 7, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Yo drake stick to rappin man, Or better yet put the mic down, kobe’s got millions, you… well you have millions of rhymes and broken down phrases… That hopefully one day will land you a mill, big bank take little bank… Don’t hate!

13. crimson22 - Jan 7, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Hmmm why is a grown man speaking on another man’s situation? Who asked Drake?

Kobe isn’t even divorced yet but he’s calling his wife and mother of his two children a “bitch” for finally having enough of his cheating ways? I’m not says she’s deserving of anything but who the hell is Drake to diss her or anyone else for that matter. He’s lame and suspect.

14. diablito0402 - Jan 7, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Now we need nicky minaj to sing about kobes cheating A$$ and how mucv of a worthless husband he is.

15. gobucs02 - Jan 7, 2012 at 7:31 AM

I hate Drake.

16. lameasish - Jan 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Pretty sure drake is around 15 million, no need to put the mic down. Unless you know of a job offer that pays more…

17. asublimeday - Jan 7, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I don’t know if you can qualify talking monotonously into a microphone “rapping”, but it’s nice that he tries.

18. pack1980 - Jan 7, 2012 at 10:24 AM

This coming from a clown that was on the television show Degrassi Junior High?

19. uscfan1988 - Jan 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

This is not news. Not to mention I can’t stand rap or hip hop it’s all retarded poetry to me.

• stayhigh_247 - Jan 9, 2012 at 9:50 AM

@ uscfan1988
      no, you’re retarded poetry. if you dont get it, thats fine but dont insult something you dont understand, thats ignorant. In fact your statement really says more about you than u know.

• goforthanddie - Jan 9, 2012 at 5:42 PM

1-Did anyone ask for your opinions re: music?
      2-I’m sure you’ve taken the time to listen to/read the lyrics of enough rap songs to make such a broad generalization. Wait, no you didn’t.
      3-It’s not the poetry that’s retarded :|

20. cluelessdufus - Jan 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM

sick my favorite rapper makes fun of my 2nd least favorite player my 1st lebron james

21. noidiotsplz - Jan 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I swear, I get so tired of dumb people who don’t know what the heck they are talking about on blogs, websites, etc. Knuckleheads…Drake is NOT dissing Kobe he is dissing his wife!!! If you pay attention, instead of jumping to conclusion about what others write you might notice something new. If you listen, yes LISTEN, or even READ for that matter to what Drake says on the track he is saying (Let me break it down in layam terms for some people out there…

1)Kobe about to lose one hundred and fifty M’s [Million} (That means he will be paying that much or more for divorce to his wife) Got it? Good read on…

2) Kobe My N—- hate it to have to be him (That means Kobe is my friend, pal, buddy, I hate that this is happening to you) Got it? Good read on…

3) B—- you wasn’t with me shootin in the gym (B—-refers to what we call a female dog, Drake is saying why is if wife getting all this money and she wasn’t in the gym busting her butt like Kobe did his whole life to be a great player and make the money he is making! Got it? Good, now go take a nap…

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches