Jan 6, 2012, 12:49 PM EDT
If you had the under on the “10 games before Corey Maggette gets injured” prop bet collect your winnings.
Maggette will be out two to four weeks with a hamstring issues suffered Thursday night, the team announced. The diagnosis was confirmed by an MRI. Hamstrings can be slow to heal and linger, so the Bobcats are smart to take time and let this fully heal before they bring him back.
Maggette has been giving the Bobcats 12 points a game but has shot just 30 percent on the season. Sure, he still gets to the line (5.2 times per game this season) but if less Maggette means more shots for Gerald Henderson and D.J. Augustin, it could be good for the Bobcats better-than-expected offense. Besides, this is Maggette, did anyone really expect him to play a full season without injury?
Charlotte, 2-4 on the season, gets what should be a tired and frustrated Atlanta Hawks squad on Friday night. Tyrus Thomas will make his season debut tonight and may get a little more run because of the Maggette hammy.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42