About all those Charles Barkley Weight Watchers ads…

Jan 6, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT

Maybe you heard, Charles Barkley has lost a few pounds.

Well, of course you’ve heard — if you’ve watched one NBA game this year you’ve heard. Barkley’s Weight Watchers ads are the new Franklin & Bash promo, you simply cannot escape them. Weight Watchers wants to reach into the male market and the Round Mound of Rebound was their path.

But Barkley thinks the whole thing is a scam. (Via Eye on Basketball)

This is where the video was until the NBA used its copyright power to get it pulled from YouTube… so here is the quote:

“I have to lose two pounds a week. I’m at 38 pounds now. They come and weigh me every two weeks. I’ve never missed a weigh-in. I’m never going to…I’m feeling much better. But I ain’t giving away no money. I’m not giving away no free money. I thought this was the greatest scam going — getting paid to watch sports — but this Weight Watchers thing is a bigger scam.”

Scam? Well, was talking about easy money, and he is losing weight. But “scam?” That can’t go over well at Weight Watchers headquarters.

By the way, if you’re a Hawks fan, you may not want to watch the second half of that video. These guys are not fans.

1. dirtydavis - Jan 6, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Psshh!!! My diet is a cigarette every 30 mins and water… one meal a day. I’m in the best shape of my life.

2. ramblingalb - Jan 6, 2012 at 3:39 PM

It is easy money, and pretending Barkley meant any differently is simply irresponsible “reporting,” or however we should refer to your biased, everything is the end of the world/sky is falling writing.

Just when you think the site has hit rock bottom, you manage to dig a little more out of the hole.

• Chris Carter - Jan 6, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Barkley was referring to his endorsement deal – saying he didn’t have to work hard to get this cash. Can’t believe you’d spin this, in addition to the broken sentence:

“Scam? Well, was talking about easy money”

3. steelyres211 - Jan 6, 2012 at 3:41 PM

It is a scam, there’s no secret to losing weight. If you don’t want to look like a fat person, don’t eat like a fat person.

4. SmackSaw - Jan 6, 2012 at 3:51 PM

It’s a scam meaning he gets paid to lose weight. He gets paid when they do a weigh in every two weeks, That’s why he’s never missed one. He’s right about the Hawks, even though they beat the Heat that game.

5. trueballs - Jan 6, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Lol…charles’ dialogue through that whole game was priceless. He’s pretty entertaining during a very long and ugly game. with of course, the occasional sentences where he completely contradicts himself.

6. letsgosharks - Jan 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Bigger sham,Weight Watchers or those Power solutions bracelets?

7. letsgosharks - Jan 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM

^^^^^^

or whatever those bracelets are called.

Warriors vs. Clippers playoff preview