Jan 5, 2012, 10:52 AM EST
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
At least those fans don’t have to be in Andrew Bynum’s car, the man is not a great driver.
From the fine folks at the @NBAHistory twitter account: Kevin Love became the first player since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 1975 to record 20 points and 12 rebounds in his first six games of the season.
It’s a little early, but who would you vote for to be NBA MVP?
An interesting look at race and the making of an NBA cult hero.
Breaking down what Portland did to slow Kevin Durant.
LeBron James’ people reject a $3,500 birthday cake.
Of course somebody took Shaq up on his challenge and got a tattoo of Charles Barkley kissing Dick Bavetta.
Mike Dunleavy has a strained groin and did not travel with the Bucks to Sacramento for Thursdays game.
Blazers have sent Luke Babbit to the D-League.
The Thunder’s Ryan Reid had surgery to fix a broken nose.
The Nets have signed a lease their corporate offices in Brooklyn. Everyone who works in the office just got 50 percent more hip.
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 0
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 7
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 7
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)