Jan 5, 2012, 10:52 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
At least those fans don’t have to be in Andrew Bynum’s car, the man is not a great driver.
From the fine folks at the @NBAHistory twitter account: Kevin Love became the first player since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 1975 to record 20 points and 12 rebounds in his first six games of the season.
It’s a little early, but who would you vote for to be NBA MVP?
An interesting look at race and the making of an NBA cult hero.
Breaking down what Portland did to slow Kevin Durant.
LeBron James’ people reject a $3,500 birthday cake.
Of course somebody took Shaq up on his challenge and got a tattoo of Charles Barkley kissing Dick Bavetta.
Mike Dunleavy has a strained groin and did not travel with the Bucks to Sacramento for Thursdays game.
Blazers have sent Luke Babbit to the D-League.
The Thunder’s Ryan Reid had surgery to fix a broken nose.
The Nets have signed a lease their corporate offices in Brooklyn. Everyone who works in the office just got 50 percent more hip.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25