Jan 5, 2012, 10:52 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
At least those fans don’t have to be in Andrew Bynum’s car, the man is not a great driver.
From the fine folks at the @NBAHistory twitter account: Kevin Love became the first player since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 1975 to record 20 points and 12 rebounds in his first six games of the season.
It’s a little early, but who would you vote for to be NBA MVP?
An interesting look at race and the making of an NBA cult hero.
Breaking down what Portland did to slow Kevin Durant.
LeBron James’ people reject a $3,500 birthday cake.
Of course somebody took Shaq up on his challenge and got a tattoo of Charles Barkley kissing Dick Bavetta.
Mike Dunleavy has a strained groin and did not travel with the Bucks to Sacramento for Thursdays game.
Blazers have sent Luke Babbit to the D-League.
The Thunder’s Ryan Reid had surgery to fix a broken nose.
The Nets have signed a lease their corporate offices in Brooklyn. Everyone who works in the office just got 50 percent more hip.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 4
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 24
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29