Jan 5, 2012, 10:52 AM EST
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
At least those fans don’t have to be in Andrew Bynum’s car, the man is not a great driver.
From the fine folks at the @NBAHistory twitter account: Kevin Love became the first player since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 1975 to record 20 points and 12 rebounds in his first six games of the season.
It’s a little early, but who would you vote for to be NBA MVP?
An interesting look at race and the making of an NBA cult hero.
Breaking down what Portland did to slow Kevin Durant.
LeBron James’ people reject a $3,500 birthday cake.
Of course somebody took Shaq up on his challenge and got a tattoo of Charles Barkley kissing Dick Bavetta.
Mike Dunleavy has a strained groin and did not travel with the Bucks to Sacramento for Thursdays game.
Blazers have sent Luke Babbit to the D-League.
The Thunder’s Ryan Reid had surgery to fix a broken nose.
The Nets have signed a lease their corporate offices in Brooklyn. Everyone who works in the office just got 50 percent more hip.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 19
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 11
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 27
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20