Jan 5, 2012, 8:32 AM EDT
Off-season surgery to tighten the ligaments. Rest. New shoes. Just about every tape job imaginable.
Stephen Curry has tried everything. And yet, he rolled his right ankle again in the third quarter Wednesday night and had to leave the game, reports Matt Steinmentz at CSNBayArea.com. This is the third time in the last three weeks. There was no opponent’s foot stepped on or anything of that nature, it just rolled under pressure.
“It’s just another re-aggravation of the same thing that’s been happening. Another frustrating incident I have to deal with it,” Curry said.
“This is the worst it’s been (pain). I’m sure it has to do with the fact that it’s the third time. It’s hard to say exactly how it will react. I did put weight on it and tried to tape it back up and lace it back up but it started to stiffen up. We’ll have to see how it reacts tomorrow. But it’s just deja vu again for me.”
After dealing with ankle issues all last season, we are at a point we can call this a chronic problem. One with no easy answers. There is extended rest (say a couple weeks), which might help, but then again it didn’t really this summer. Bottom line is this will be a big setback for the Warriors if it continues to drag on and cost him and the Warriors games this season whatever happens.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43