Jan 5, 2012, 2:15 AM EST
Wade was already day-to-day with a sore foot then late in the third quarter Wednesday night LeBron rolled his ankle when he inadvertently stepped on the foot of Paul George during a fast break.
LeBron stayed in the game for another seven minutes, but these injuries tend to be was worse after the game when the adrenaline stopped and the swelling kicked in. As LeBron said after the game to ESPN, it’s how the ankle feels in the morning that will be the big test.
Smart money says if LeBron can’t go Dwyane Wade will suddenly be well enough to play in the rematch against the Hawks, which already beat Miami once.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 12
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16