Jan 5, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
And the Big 3 are down to one tonight.
We’re weighing everything, the schedule ahead, rest, how much treatment we can do and what the recovery time will be,” coach Erik Spoelstra said of Thursday’s decision. “Thankfully these aren’t debilitating injuries and they should be something we can take care of relatively sooner rather than later.”
Wade missed the Heat’s game Wednesday against the Pacers due to a bruised left foot suffered against the Bobcats last week. The Heat decided to rest it rather than have it become a lingering issue.
In the third quarter of Wednesday’s Pacers game LeBron James rolled his ankle when on a fast break he inadvertently stepped on the foot of Paul George. He played another seven minutes in that game but said later it depended on how it felt the next day.
An hour before the game LeBron went out for shoot around and tried some shots and cuts, but seemed to move a little gingerly, according to reports.
The Hawks beat a fully-loaded Heat team earlier in the week.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 21
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14