Jan 5, 2012, 7:31 PM EST
And the Big 3 are down to one tonight.
We’re weighing everything, the schedule ahead, rest, how much treatment we can do and what the recovery time will be,” coach Erik Spoelstra said of Thursday’s decision. “Thankfully these aren’t debilitating injuries and they should be something we can take care of relatively sooner rather than later.”
Wade missed the Heat’s game Wednesday against the Pacers due to a bruised left foot suffered against the Bobcats last week. The Heat decided to rest it rather than have it become a lingering issue.
In the third quarter of Wednesday’s Pacers game LeBron James rolled his ankle when on a fast break he inadvertently stepped on the foot of Paul George. He played another seven minutes in that game but said later it depended on how it felt the next day.
An hour before the game LeBron went out for shoot around and tried some shots and cuts, but seemed to move a little gingerly, according to reports.
The Hawks beat a fully-loaded Heat team earlier in the week.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30