Jan 5, 2012, 7:31 PM EST
And the Big 3 are down to one tonight.
We’re weighing everything, the schedule ahead, rest, how much treatment we can do and what the recovery time will be,” coach Erik Spoelstra said of Thursday’s decision. “Thankfully these aren’t debilitating injuries and they should be something we can take care of relatively sooner rather than later.”
Wade missed the Heat’s game Wednesday against the Pacers due to a bruised left foot suffered against the Bobcats last week. The Heat decided to rest it rather than have it become a lingering issue.
In the third quarter of Wednesday’s Pacers game LeBron James rolled his ankle when on a fast break he inadvertently stepped on the foot of Paul George. He played another seven minutes in that game but said later it depended on how it felt the next day.
An hour before the game LeBron went out for shoot around and tried some shots and cuts, but seemed to move a little gingerly, according to reports.
The Hawks beat a fully-loaded Heat team earlier in the week.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 14
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8