Jan 5, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
And the Big 3 are down to one tonight.
We’re weighing everything, the schedule ahead, rest, how much treatment we can do and what the recovery time will be,” coach Erik Spoelstra said of Thursday’s decision. “Thankfully these aren’t debilitating injuries and they should be something we can take care of relatively sooner rather than later.”
Wade missed the Heat’s game Wednesday against the Pacers due to a bruised left foot suffered against the Bobcats last week. The Heat decided to rest it rather than have it become a lingering issue.
In the third quarter of Wednesday’s Pacers game LeBron James rolled his ankle when on a fast break he inadvertently stepped on the foot of Paul George. He played another seven minutes in that game but said later it depended on how it felt the next day.
An hour before the game LeBron went out for shoot around and tried some shots and cuts, but seemed to move a little gingerly, according to reports.
The Hawks beat a fully-loaded Heat team earlier in the week.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 16
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15