Jan 5, 2012, 3:47 PM EDT
Dwight Howard will be center stage All-Star Weekend in Orlando — the guy with the trade demand will either be in a different uniform or still in a Magic jersey but with trade rumors swirling around him and dominating the weekend.
What he will not be center stage at is the dunk contest.
The guy who revived the event in 2008 told the Orlando Sentinel he will not be participating this year.
“I’m too old for that,” Howard responded.
This follows with what Howard said last year, which was that he wanted to cut back on activities during the All-Star Weekend and save his legs some wear and tear.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61