Jan 5, 2012, 3:47 PM EDT
Dwight Howard will be center stage All-Star Weekend in Orlando — the guy with the trade demand will either be in a different uniform or still in a Magic jersey but with trade rumors swirling around him and dominating the weekend.
What he will not be center stage at is the dunk contest.
The guy who revived the event in 2008 told the Orlando Sentinel he will not be participating this year.
“I’m too old for that,” Howard responded.
This follows with what Howard said last year, which was that he wanted to cut back on activities during the All-Star Weekend and save his legs some wear and tear.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 12
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28