Jan 5, 2012, 3:47 PM EDT
Dwight Howard will be center stage All-Star Weekend in Orlando — the guy with the trade demand will either be in a different uniform or still in a Magic jersey but with trade rumors swirling around him and dominating the weekend.
What he will not be center stage at is the dunk contest.
The guy who revived the event in 2008 told the Orlando Sentinel he will not be participating this year.
“I’m too old for that,” Howard responded.
This follows with what Howard said last year, which was that he wanted to cut back on activities during the All-Star Weekend and save his legs some wear and tear.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49