Jan 5, 2012, 3:47 PM EST
Dwight Howard will be center stage All-Star Weekend in Orlando — the guy with the trade demand will either be in a different uniform or still in a Magic jersey but with trade rumors swirling around him and dominating the weekend.
What he will not be center stage at is the dunk contest.
The guy who revived the event in 2008 told the Orlando Sentinel he will not be participating this year.
“I’m too old for that,” Howard responded.
This follows with what Howard said last year, which was that he wanted to cut back on activities during the All-Star Weekend and save his legs some wear and tear.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 6
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30