Jan 4, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
I’m still not used to it.
But it still seems a little weird to see the facemask and headband with a Bulls uniform, not a Pistons one. And if it feels that way to me, imagine how he feels? He spoke with CSNChicago.com about it.
“I’ll have mixed emotions,” he said. “That team was special. The fans were excellent. I’m going to enjoy it. I just don’t know how I’m going to act. When I get to the arena, I’m sure it will be emotional.”
How do you think the Pistons feel? The Detroit News asked them.
“It’s gonna be weird,” (Ben Wallace) said. “Anytime you see a guy move on that I feel like he was not only a good teammate, he was one of my brothers. I’m glad he’s happy.”
Tayshaun Prince, the lone holdover from the 2004 title team (Wallace left and came back), is more at ease with the idea.
“It won’t be hard, I’ve had the situation with Chauncey, with Ben, with ‘Sheed,” Prince said. “It wasn’t something I planned on seeing.”
Hamilton was not happy the past couple years in Detroit and feuding with then coach John Kuester didn’t help. Don’t expect that to be the lasting memory of Piston fans, however, who will welcome Rip back with a massive ovation.
However, that may be while he is on the bench. Hamilton is a game-time decision due to a pulled groin.
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 14
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 39
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 81
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48