Jan 4, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
I’m still not used to it.
But it still seems a little weird to see the facemask and headband with a Bulls uniform, not a Pistons one. And if it feels that way to me, imagine how he feels? He spoke with CSNChicago.com about it.
“I’ll have mixed emotions,” he said. “That team was special. The fans were excellent. I’m going to enjoy it. I just don’t know how I’m going to act. When I get to the arena, I’m sure it will be emotional.”
How do you think the Pistons feel? The Detroit News asked them.
“It’s gonna be weird,” (Ben Wallace) said. “Anytime you see a guy move on that I feel like he was not only a good teammate, he was one of my brothers. I’m glad he’s happy.”
Tayshaun Prince, the lone holdover from the 2004 title team (Wallace left and came back), is more at ease with the idea.
“It won’t be hard, I’ve had the situation with Chauncey, with Ben, with ‘Sheed,” Prince said. “It wasn’t something I planned on seeing.”
Hamilton was not happy the past couple years in Detroit and feuding with then coach John Kuester didn’t help. Don’t expect that to be the lasting memory of Piston fans, however, who will welcome Rip back with a massive ovation.
However, that may be while he is on the bench. Hamilton is a game-time decision due to a pulled groin.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11