Jan 4, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
I’m still not used to it.
But it still seems a little weird to see the facemask and headband with a Bulls uniform, not a Pistons one. And if it feels that way to me, imagine how he feels? He spoke with CSNChicago.com about it.
“I’ll have mixed emotions,” he said. “That team was special. The fans were excellent. I’m going to enjoy it. I just don’t know how I’m going to act. When I get to the arena, I’m sure it will be emotional.”
How do you think the Pistons feel? The Detroit News asked them.
“It’s gonna be weird,” (Ben Wallace) said. “Anytime you see a guy move on that I feel like he was not only a good teammate, he was one of my brothers. I’m glad he’s happy.”
Tayshaun Prince, the lone holdover from the 2004 title team (Wallace left and came back), is more at ease with the idea.
“It won’t be hard, I’ve had the situation with Chauncey, with Ben, with ‘Sheed,” Prince said. “It wasn’t something I planned on seeing.”
Hamilton was not happy the past couple years in Detroit and feuding with then coach John Kuester didn’t help. Don’t expect that to be the lasting memory of Piston fans, however, who will welcome Rip back with a massive ovation.
However, that may be while he is on the bench. Hamilton is a game-time decision due to a pulled groin.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'