Jan 4, 2012, 5:24 PM EST
Due to the “people in glass houses” rule I am loath to report on the typos of other publications, but this one is too funny to pass by without a note.
The Charlotte Observer’s game story about the Bobcats vs. Cavaliers had a note about Baron Davis (remember he was on the Cavaliers roster when training camps opened). The newspaper ran this paragraph according to SBNation (via Eye on Basketball):
Ex-Charlotte Hornet Baron Davis signed with the Knicksafter being cut by Cleveland under the amnesty clause. Davis is recovering from a herniated d*ck.
I mean really, ouch.
Clearly they meant “disc” and the editor at the paper explained what happened as the initial writer using the word “disc” but an editor trying to change it to the paper’s style of “disk.” Except he or she made a typo and…
Baron Davis took it in stride with these tweets.
Goldmember? Oh, forget it, I’m out of here before it gets worse.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8