Jan 4, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
Dwyane Wade has been playing through a sore foot and rather than risk it getting worse he may sit out the team’s Wednesday night contest against the Pacers.
That is what coach Erik Spoelstra told the media Wednesday as Wade had skipped the morning shootaround because of the injury. Here is what Spoelstra said, via the twitter account of Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press.
“We want to make sure we nip this in the bud and it doesn’t linger,” Spo says.
Wade played against the Hawks on Monday and was 4-of-17 shooting for 12 points.
Officially Wade is a game time decision Wednesday, although it doesn’t sound like he will play. In this condensed and compacted NBA schedule, it is better to miss a game or two and get healthy than let an injury hang around and never get right.
If you have LeBron James on your fantasy team, be happy. He is going to put up a lot of shots tonight.
This was already a game that would be a challenge for Miami — the Pacers size with Roy Hibbert and David West will pose a real challenge for the Heat. Indiana has played very good defense this season and had great scoring balance. However, playing the Heat is their first real test of the season.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 0
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 25
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 28
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85