Jan 4, 2012, 11:37 AM EST
Dwyane Wade has been playing through a sore foot and rather than risk it getting worse he may sit out the team’s Wednesday night contest against the Pacers.
That is what coach Erik Spoelstra told the media Wednesday as Wade had skipped the morning shootaround because of the injury. Here is what Spoelstra said, via the twitter account of Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press.
“We want to make sure we nip this in the bud and it doesn’t linger,” Spo says.
Wade played against the Hawks on Monday and was 4-of-17 shooting for 12 points.
Officially Wade is a game time decision Wednesday, although it doesn’t sound like he will play. In this condensed and compacted NBA schedule, it is better to miss a game or two and get healthy than let an injury hang around and never get right.
If you have LeBron James on your fantasy team, be happy. He is going to put up a lot of shots tonight.
This was already a game that would be a challenge for Miami — the Pacers size with Roy Hibbert and David West will pose a real challenge for the Heat. Indiana has played very good defense this season and had great scoring balance. However, playing the Heat is their first real test of the season.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 6
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 9
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 15